Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently installed the SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi). Like it's supposed to, it will only work when the parking brake is on. I've been reading on these forums about a nav hack, to allow the unit to work when the parking brake is not on.

What is this nav hack?

Is this the hack where you have to ground the red wire in the wiring loom?

I've done the phone hack (cutting the joining the pink & white wires). But will I also need to ground the red wire, in order to get the SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) working without the parking brake applied?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I managed to work out what to do. I now have video on the go. Watch out Asian drivers, here I come!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
did you ground the parking wire(red) that comes from the harness side? or loom side?

just to make sure you got it right...

should be the one that comes from the harness side

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir it was from the loom side that I grounded. I just grounded it to the radio metal frame. The Lexus dealer told me that was very well earthed.

did you ground the parking wire(red) that comes from the harness side? or loom side?

just to make sure you got it right...

should be the one that comes from the harness side

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Ravman,

What year is your IS??? The only reason I ask is because I called Lexus today for the iPod Integration kit.. and they said it would only work for the 2007-2008 models. Since I can't use the Lexus one.. the SL2Vi is the next one on my list.

I have an 06 IS 350, Navi, ML, etc... Does the year matter, or will it work just as fine?? And you were able to watch video's from your iPod and onto your Navi screen?

Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 2006 IS250 and can watch movies fine via my iPod and iPhone onto the Navi screen. You get a bit of a hiss when at louder volumes, but I can live with that.

Hey Ravman,

What year is your IS??? The only reason I ask is because I called Lexus today for the iPod Integration kit.. and they said it would only work for the 2007-2008 models. Since I can't use the Lexus one.. the SL2Vi is the next one on my list.

I have an 06 IS 350, Navi, ML, etc... Does the year matter, or will it work just as fine?? And you were able to watch video's from your iPod and onto your Navi screen?

Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have the 2006 IS250 and can watch movies fine via my iPod and iPhone onto the Navi screen. You get a bit of a hiss when at louder volumes, but I can live with that.
Hmm.. does everyone deal with that hiss?

·
Registered
269 Posts
My cousin and I had a chance to do the SLVi2 install this past weekend, but didn't do the any of the actual Nav hacks (pt. 1 & pt. 2) because we weren't comfortable yet doing the wiring work. We're going to have a friend w/ us to do it.

I know there are threads dedicated to the Nav Hacks both on here and on clublexus. I'll look to them for the full walkthrough but it looks like the OP did a good summary on what to do:

ground the red wire in the wiring loom. The phone hack (cutting the joining the pink & white wires) needs to also be done, but you also need to ground the red wire, in order to get the SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) working without the parking brake applied.

I believe that the Nav Hack pt. 2 (for destinations) is the part not mentioned here which involves the switch, correct? But you don't need to do that for at least being able to watch videos on the go right?

If you don't mind taking a little time, please tell us all the parts and accessories you used to pull off what you did.

For the SLvi2, We had a flathead screwdriver, Socket wrench w/ 10mm adapter, a putty knife...

that's all I can remember for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts