Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to purchase a sound system soon.

Nothing crazy probably just a decent 12inch subwoofer with amps.

I don't want a headunit just because I want the clean stock look. However, I will consider if its needed

Can anybody direct me to a good website to learn about em?

Also if you can, suggest a good bang for the buck sound system :)

thanks!!

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
You said you wanted a 12" sub with an amp to run it. What type of music do you listen to? Do you want a lot of bass or just a little punch? How much do you want to spend?

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Caraudio.com/forum is a good place....just make sure you search before you ask stuff

Trance and HipHop eh? You're a bass head....admit it :lol:

I would go with one of these...--SoundSolutionsAudio.com Online Store-- - AA Arsenal Series 12"D4

Run by one of these... Alpine MRP-M500 - V Power Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier • 300W x 1 chan. @ 4 ohm • 500W x 1 chan. @ 2 ohm • 1000W x 1 chan. Max approx. • MOSFET Power supply • Bass EQ 0-12dB at 50Hz • Continuously adjustable gain control • Thermal managemen

Throw it in a ported enclosure and you'll have all the sweet, clean bass you will ever need ;)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so I'm guessing you can build the box for me right? hehe

how much do you charge?

Also if I plan to get the stock speakers replaced should I get an amp for those too?

please suggest me replacement speakers.

I'm pretty much gonna buy what you suggest since you know what your talking about and I dont know shit lol

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
so I'm guessing you can build the box for me right? hehe

how much do you charge?

Also if I plan to get the stock speakers replaced should I get an amp for those too?

please suggest me replacement speakers.

I'm pretty much gonna buy what you suggest since you know what your talking about and I dont know shit lol
PM me about the box...

If you are running the stock headunit the stock speakers are probably fine. But if you want to replace the stock speakers I would run an amp for sure.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
This guy sounds like another perfect candidate for Audioque woofers. SDC2.5 10" and an AQ1200D FTMFW.

That would beat the fillings out of your teeth.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This guy sounds like another perfect candidate for Audioque woofers. SDC2.5 10" and an AQ1200D FTMFW.

That would beat the fillings out of your teeth.
Are you using these products?

the amp is $50 more expensive than the Alpine one suggested above but looks very powerful.

but I might sound dumb considering the knowledge I have on amps.

is the audioque amp 1200 watts compared to 500 watts on the alpine?

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
I use DD gear, which is pretty much the same stuff as Audioque.

It's VERY high quality gear. But it's not for the light hearted.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
The C-series amps are reliable, powerful, and affordable. The crossovers aren't the greatest thing on the planet, but I'm picky. The S series (there's only one amp in this series, the S4), is incredible. The S4 is one of the most versatile amps you can find, and it's a bargain considering what you get in the power department. The M-series amps are powerhouses. Anything beyond the M1a requires a massively upgraded electrical system. The Z-series are balls to the wall competition nuclear freaking reactors. They are pretty much the most powerful amps you can buy (and some of the most expensive).

I personally run a DDS4 to my front stage at the moment... it's driving a set of Dynaudio components. The thing works WONDERFULLY as an SQ amp.

But a single MB1 bridged to a single DD1508 would blow your mind. Compact amp, compact sub, insane levels of output. People will swear you're running a twelve or two.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Digital Designs subs are created for one purpose......to get LOUD! They do that better than anything else. But I wouldn't buy one for SQ purposes.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Digital Designs subs are created for one purpose......to get LOUD! They do that better than anything else. But I wouldn't buy one for SQ purposes.

What the fuck are you talking about???

Tell that to my IASCA SQ trophies.

DD woofers are designed to produce distortion free bottom end at ANY level. The 9500 series are some of the most decorated, and replicated SQ drivers ever built. The 9100 series subwoofers are THE SQ driver to beat. Hell... even Velodyne gets woofer designs from DD.

If you think they're just for getting loud, you need to build better boxes.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I never said they didn't have good SQ....I said i wouldn't get one specifically for SQ purposes in my own car. I'd likely go with something from ImageDynamics, Fi, or possibly SoundSplinter.

However, if I wanted to blow out all the windows in my car...DD would be my first choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Caraudio.com/forum is a good place....just make sure you search before you ask stuff

Trance and HipHop eh? You're a bass head....admit it :lol:

I would go with one of these...--SoundSolutionsAudio.com Online Store-- - AA Arsenal Series 12"D4

Run by one of these... Alpine MRP-M500 - V Power Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier • 300W x 1 chan. @ 4 ohm • 500W x 1 chan. @ 2 ohm • 1000W x 1 chan. Max approx. • MOSFET Power supply • Bass EQ 0-12dB at 50Hz • Continuously adjustable gain control • Thermal managemen

Throw it in a ported enclosure and you'll have all the sweet, clean bass you will ever need ;)
:approve: Yummy! Arsenals are niiiiiiicccceee!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts