Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sound system in your car?
Future plan? please list.

I've stock in my IS300 right now, but plan to replace all OEM speakers w/ MBQuart/ADS/Infinity/Kenwood.
an amp Rockforfosgate/autotek
sub 1 12' Alumapro/ 10' Bazooka.
Any suggestion to my list will greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i'm stock but i plan to get the mbquart component set and upgrade possibly to some subs and amps later on, depending on how much i can spend.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have 2 12" JL W3's with a Pheonix Gold XS2500 amp waiting right now. Don't know what i want to do with the rest of the speaker or the head unit yet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with my stock speaker i heard that popping noise already, guess 1 of mine 6x9 just blow. my volume set between 12-2:00 geez i love trance

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Headunit:Top of the line Kenwood (Mask) Cassette and mobile CD player
Dash and Rear Speakers: Pioneer 2-way 4x6 & 4-way 6x9
Subs: 3 JL 10" W0's in sealed box
Amp: 1 PPI (Precision Power) 400w x 1

Nice and Loud! To bad I'm gonna sell the car in about 6 months. I'll probably take the audio out and resell it.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited November 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got a Phoenix Gold ZX475ti that's going to be running a Infinity Perfect 6.1 Component set and a pair of Infinity Kappa 3 way 6x9's.... Got a Phoenix gold zx600ti. going to be running a single 15' Eclipse Alum 8815 DVC.... everything going to be made custom.. trunk done with the whole plexi glass.. neon (you guys got suggestion on colour ..i was thinking white)... and i'm planning getting a laser cut LEXUS symbol on a plexi glass cover for the woofer... i got all the equipment.. installation is beginning Tuesday...lemme know what u guyz think.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Damon:
Got a Phoenix Gold ZX475ti that's going to be running a Infinity Perfect 6.1 Component set and a pair of Infinity Kappa 3 way 6x9's.... Got a Phoenix gold zx600ti. going to be running a single 15' Eclipse Alum 8815 DVC.... everything going to be made custom.. trunk done with the whole plexi glass.. neon (you guys got suggestion on colour ..i was thinking white)... and i'm planning getting a laser cut LEXUS symbol on a plexi glass cover for the woofer... i got all the equipment.. installation is beginning Tuesday...lemme know what u guyz think.....
So ur replace factory amp, aren't dose PG expensive? that 15 will give u a good thuump of bass. I'd jus do the L logo on the custom box. Neon color is relative to ur car color, i've PearlWhite then i'd get blue/violet. jus my $0.02.

·
Registered
292 Posts
after installed the amp and some sub, speakers... do i need to change my battery? or do i need to do something so my battery wont heat up too much and die...

thank you

·
Registered
292 Posts
whats a good brand for sub and amp? kenwood? mtx? rockford? pioneer? sony? or?
whats the price range like having 1 sub and an amp installed?
does 8" do anything? or should i get 2- 8" or 2-10"? cause i dont want to use up too much trunk space (i got use my trunk too)...
give suggestions to me...

thank you!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by IS3:
after installed the amp and some sub, speakers... do i need to change my battery? or do i need to do something so my battery wont heat up too much and die...

thank you
The cheapest way is to get a 1 farad capacitor, it help ur battery & alternator alot. plus ur lite won't dimmed when a deeplow bass hit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by cis300:
The cheapest way is to get a 1 farad capacitor, it help ur battery & alternator alot. plus ur lite won't dimmed when a deeplow bass hit.
where can i get it?
how much does it cost?

thank you

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by IS3:
where can i get it?
how much does it cost?

thank you
Check out the car stereo section of www.Crutchfield.com
Here's the link... www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-DjzCfrWK8EX/ProdGroup.asp?c=2&g=725&s=0

I believe they carry the Lightening Caps Capacitors. Otherwise check with a local pro stereo shop, they should carry them.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited November 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sub:
1 Precision Power PRO10. Ecsaine trimmed
enclosure ported through the rear deck.

Front:
MB Quart QM 218.61Q

Rear:
Boston Acoustics RX97 6x9's

Amps:
Rockford Fosgate 100ix (sub)
Precision Power Power Class 4800.2

Only thing is the head unit does anyone know if the stock deck has RCA outputs? I would hate to have use noisy line converters on line outs... I would hate to have to get rid of the in dash changer

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by BLUEBYU:
Sub:
1 Precision Power PRO10. Ecsaine trimmed
enclosure ported through the rear deck.

Front:
MB Quart QM 218.61Q

Rear:
Boston Acoustics RX97 6x9's

Amps:
Rockford Fosgate 100ix (sub)
Precision Power Power Class 4800.2

Only thing is the head unit does anyone know if the stock deck has RCA outputs? I would hate to have use noisy line converters on line outs... I would hate to have to get rid of the in dash changer
Your selections are great. the head unit has no RCA out, you need a line output converter heres the link fr crutchfield http://r2.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-jGVryAWl0h4/ProdView.asp/rmivars%3ftarget=_top?s=0&c=2&g=721&I=101PL2&o=M&a=0
hope dis help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
CIS300..yeah those PG amps are expensive but i got them for less than half the retail price.. they retail for about 8-9 hundred US a piece.... a the custom plexi glass cut piece..is not part of a box..it'll be put into a vinyl wall that covers the whole trunk...... I drive a SILVER IS.. i was thinking BLUE lights..but doesn't that clash with the interior lights? i dono..

also.. BLUEBYU....

no stock decks have RCA outputs.. if you want to use the stock deck you gotta use a line out converter.. or a amp that has high level inputs.. just get the best converter possible..

ANYONE have opinions on colour of neon i would have in my trunk?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by Damon:
CIS300..yeah those PG amps are expensive but i got them for less than half the retail price.. they retail for about 8-9 hundred US a piece.... a the custom plexi glass cut piece..is not part of a box..it'll be put into a vinyl wall that covers the whole trunk...... I drive a SILVER IS.. i was thinking BLUE lights..but doesn't that clash with the interior lights? i dono..

also.. BLUEBYU....

no stock decks have RCA outputs.. if you want to use the stock deck you gotta use a line out converter.. or a amp that has high level inputs.. just get the best converter possible..

ANYONE have opinions on colour of neon i would have in my trunk?
Yea I figured that much... Do you know if Phoenix Gold make a line converter?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Unfortunately PG doens't make LOC (line outpit converters)....your best bet will probably being buy an audio control in dash EQ that has high level inputs or buy a LOC from PIE or Crystal Line..that's what i hear is the best...
any opinion on colour for the neon?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey Damon, I actually have purple and blue neons all over my truck. There all in the box and in the amp rack. It depends what type of interior color you have for your truck. If its black, you could try red neons. its just a suggestion. thanks and good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts