Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a strange text message with contact information about someone interested in purchasing my car. so i wrote back and this is what they wrote me

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response regarding to the mail I sent to you about your vehicle for sale. Please I have a client who is very much willing to purchase your vehicle and have it shipped to Canada.

He Recently left to Germany because of the death of his only daughter. Also i tried giving you a call regarding to this very transaction but didn't go through so kindly permit me to ask few things about the condition of this vehicle although it's all stated in the A.D but i need to know the actual condition of it and please forward some pics if available.

How many miles is on it as we speak? Any mechanical fault? What of the engine? And please kindly state your rock price (bottom price).

Thanks,
XXXXX

sounds like a great scam to me. so watch out for those of you selling your cars

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
That is a scam.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
uy vey. please don't waste your time texting back..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Generally he will send you cheque for some money, but slightly more than the amount needed. He will then ask you to wire him the difference, and will disappear just when you're bank calls you and tells you the cheque is fake. You can actually try to go through with transaction and take it to the authorities to nail the idiot.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me, they also do this shit on Craigslist. They advertise a car for dirt cheap and when you contact them they tell you a long sorry ass story that askes for your email address. The scamer sends you an email with an attachment with a fake ebay site that tells you to send the money through Money Gram. This is his 9-5 scaming inoscent people.

·
Registered
650 Posts
your not at any risk sending him info about the car. even if he sends you a check you can have the bank check on the check

·
Registered
975 Posts
as soon as i read "I have a client who " I knew it was a scam.

"left <insert name of any country>" is another typical line
"Ship to <country>"

"death of..."
"only <instert any family member>"

such a typical scam letter...

I recently received a strange text message with contact information about someone interested in purchasing my car. so i wrote back and this is what they wrote me

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response regarding to the mail I sent to you about your vehicle for sale. Please I have a client who is very much willing to purchase your vehicle and have it shipped to Canada.

He Recently left to Germany because of the death of his only daughter. Also i tried giving you a call regarding to this very transaction but didn't go through so kindly permit me to ask few things about the condition of this vehicle although it's all stated in the A.D but i need to know the actual condition of it and please forward some pics if available.

How many miles is on it as we speak? Any mechanical fault? What of the engine? And please kindly state your rock price (bottom price).

Thanks,
XXXXX

sounds like a great scam to me. so watch out for those of you selling your cars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts