Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys this one is for anyone that has some system experience. I have just installed a Rockford fosgate 800a2 amp 400W times 2 and two fosgate 12" in a dual bandpass box firing to the rear of my IS300. The system is really incrdible. The only complaint I have is it sounds like **** outside the car. everything and its mother is rattling. The ****ing antenae vibrates back and forth about 1.5 inch each way even!!!. Any ideas on what to do to make the system sound as good outside as it does inside. My installer is going to dynmat the trunk on fri and I suggested spining the box to fire into the interior to maybe lower the resonance and vibrations on the trunk lid. The box is huge takes up the whole trunk about 4 inches of space from the box to the rear of the trunk. any suggestions would be great.....
Mike V

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
dynamat is definitely the way to go. for things like your license plate, put small carpet pads behind it and tighten it down with those behind it. also, make sure everything else is flush and tight, you might be able to adjust the trunk latch also.

·
Registered
219 Posts
did you install any amp for you hi's and mid's???
it sounds totally diffrent with hi amp.
i just installed mine last weekend and oh man it sounds much louder from outside and inside...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I went with a minor subwoofer mod (100watts) because I didn't want to deal with major vibration hassles, but needed (just a little) more bass.

It sounds like you want more, but I just wanted to say that others can get by without getting into those difficulties.

·
Registered
295 Posts
definatly dynomatt the trunk. If you turn the box around (depending on the type of sub) you are gonna get a totatly different sound and feel that you may no like. I am glad you told me this cause i am in the process of putting in 3 10" jl audio's and i am gonna do the trunk first. I hate rattleing!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts