Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a BMW, my first, a '95 325i 5 speed, sport package, for a great price. Beauty of it is I'll be able to save up for a 2002 IS300 5 speed if it comes out next fall, yet I'll be driving a really fun car while I wait. Very tail happy car though I noticed, good thing I had traction control on when I test drove. The IS300 is the same way, love it!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
kolsen, you are a very knowledgable car person so I'm sure you made a good choice. Enjoy it for now, hope to have you in the club when the 5sp comes out. Hell, if I wanted a 5sp I probably would have bought a bimmer too.

[This message has been edited by cardinal_creek (edited October 14, 2000).]

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I considered buying an IS300 now, but then I'd never be able to afford to trade for the 5 speed manual next year. This way I can definitely afford it, all Lexus has to do is build it (and throw in an armrest).

Originally posted by disintegration:
If you bought a BMW, post it on a "BMW Board" ...

·
Registered
258 Posts
cko, I know a guy who had a 95 325i, while he liked the way the car performed he eventually traded it on a Nissan Maxima because of the awesome repair costs.

disintigration, Come on man, what harm was he causing? No reason to make a comment like that. If you want to keep people from flaming your board, you have to welcome people with other points of view. If they're happy, they wont flame. If they're pissed off, then they will (remember the STONER guy?). Save it up for the a**holes.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
15,322 Posts
yeah really, talk about rude and uncalled for. what contribution has he made besides "how do i disable the seatbelt warning lights" sh1t its not cool for you to talk **** about anyone who doesnt have the same car as you, if you want to do that, get a CL-S*. the ppl you've told to get lost have been here long before you and probly longer than you've had your car, probly before you even heard of it. they have just as much, if not more a right to be here than you, instead of bashing others for what you consider not contributing, why don't you start contributing and leave the invited list and banishment to the forum members who do something else rather than just tell ppl what to do.

*(cheap shot, sorry, all these CL owners talking crap about the IS for no good reason is annoying and this is the end result)

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stephen, yeah, that's my biggest worry, but I have friends that can help me fix it, and hey, it's only gotta run for about 12 months!

I think a manual IS300 would give me the best of both worlds, the driving fun and performance of the older BMWs (new ones kinda suck), plus great comfort, looks, and Lexus reliability. Plus the IS300 has the best color of any car under $40k, the Spectra Blue.

Originally posted by Stephen:
cko, I know a guy who had a 95 325i, while he liked the way the car performed he eventually traded it on a Nissan Maxima because of the awesome repair costs.

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kota, I don't have the car yet, so I can only judge by the test drive, but for one thing, with my Dunlop SP9000s (not stock tires) the GSR has more grip than the BMW, it broke loose on a turn I've taken faster in my GSR. I'd say on a track or driven hard the GSR sedan would be faster, but on the street the 325i has more useable torque. I didn't buy it for performance so much as for RWD driving fun.

Originally posted by kota:
ckolsen- how does the 325i compare to your old GSR?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts