Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hows it going....I am a 16 year old web-page designer. I am a senior in high school. I own a web-page design company. THe money is starting to become rather good. I have been looking into getting a is300. I recently priced one I liked at 35k. Could some of you guys tell me about how much my note would be if I put a 10k down payment? Also insurance info. Is it high to insure these beautiful pieces of craftmanship?

------------------
[swf width="300" height="40" background="#000000"]http://www.geckoindustries.com/version5/footer.swf[/swf]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I do own my own my own web-page design company. We have been having a lot of accounts lately. So money been flowing in. You can check us out at www.geckoindustries.com
but I aint here to talk bout the company..i want to know some prices for insurance and maitence on the is300

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol well i already got two tickets. One with my old 88 bmw m3...and one with my yamaha r6.
So i guess I might as well not get one though? Cause I cant afford insurance and a 35k car..lol

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I did it for you... for a 16 year old but they didn't have IS300 in the computer so I did it for a BMW 323i....with $500 deductable it came to $4,234 every 6 months.....
www.progressive.com
Eric...

This was fun... so I went ahead and did it for a 16 year old insured for a 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera and it came to $6334 every 6 months & $500 deductable..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited October 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by laron8:
lol well i already got two tickets. One with my old 88 bmw m3...and one with my yamaha r6.
So i guess I might as well not get one though? Cause I cant afford insurance and a 35k car..lol
Invest the revenues from your business and maybe by the time you turn 18 you can buy a new M3

Don't be so quick to spend what little money you have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone got any good cars on the market that are cheap to insure but fast as hell..lol. And also looks nice. I been thinking about a honda prelude, or a integra type R.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by laron8:
Anyone got any good cars on the market that are cheap to insure but fast as hell..lol. And also looks nice. I been thinking about a honda prelude, or a integra type R.
Both of those cars will please you... at your age...
Eric...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey man thanks for the help. LOL since it seems that you were about the only one to reply to my post. It aint fair I cant get one. Sometimes I find myself day dreaming in class bout it.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Don't mention it... If you are only 16 and are able to spend $10grand on down payments, I'm sure you'll be driving your dream cars in years to come...

Eric....

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm a proud owner of a black/ivory IS300 with 17" rims. I've had it for a good 4 months now, and I can't tell you how pleased I am with this car. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Since you're a business owner, it would actually benefit you - you can write it off as a business expense. Make sure you lease it under your business name.
Enjoy

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Since you're a business owner, it would actually benefit you - you can write it off as a business expense. Make sure you lease it under your business name.
I would be careful about writing cars off as a business expense if you are self-employed. You are just setting yourself up for an audit. I was going to do the same thing but was advised against it.

------------------
Spectra Blue
Black Leather Ecsaine

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Yeah - if you have your own business lease the IS and keep some the 10 large in your pocket. Lots of neats things when you own your own business and you lease stuff...like kick ass servers etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you serious? I can actually do that? LOL didnt know....but hey clip...lol dude we aint going public for awhile....Actually to tell you the truth I really dont know. I would have to talk to my partner about that. He does more of the legal work and paperwork anyway. Email him at [email protected]
you can email me at [email protected] or my aol name. [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol well I got plenty of servers....no need to get more. And I got computer hardware and software up my you know what. I dont think I will be buying anyomore of that stuff anytime soon. lol well maybe flash5...since I have been to lazy to go get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also guys...the price of the car aint a prob. The insurance is...I am 16 with two speeding tickets.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts