Lexus IS Forum banner

Soon to be boosted! Dyno numbers page 3 9/28!!!

15K views 205 replies 47 participants last post by  MannyBlaze 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I know I'm new to the forum but I just had to share. I'm in Iraq right now as a contractor and I just recently purchased a Black Onyx 2001 IS300 from a buddy of mine. Since I've had it I added the trd brakes, braces, sways, and rear strut tower brace, Apexi N1 Coilovers, Sparco Torino's. The IS goes into PFS at the end of may for some major upgrades heres the list,

-PFS stage 3 turbo kit w/ PT74 turbo and tubular manifold
1000cc injectors, 48mm wastegate, aeromotive fpr
-Built shortblock w/ tt rods and pistons and oiling mods
-HKS Cams/Crower valve springs and retainers/ port and polish
-Built Trans, VB, TC, Sprage
-PFS 3" exhaust
-TRD LSD
-RLTC
-Return Fuel System w/ extra pump
-TEC3 EMS
-Custom intake manifold w/ Wilson 90mm TB
-PCS trans control unit
-Custom 1 peice driveshaft
-Custom solid motor mounts

I already have the full turbo kit except for the turbo which will be bought soon here are a few pics. My goal is over 500hp on pump and around 700hp on race gas, Do you guys think I should get a Tubular manifold? Right now the kit has a cast manifold and I have read that tubulars spool up faster which would be nice with a GT40R, so if you could give me some advice that would be appreciated. Thanks.

and here's one of the car right now.

UPDATE 7/02
Ok here is the latest progress on my car. The car is at PFS right now getting all the work done and should be ready by the end of July at the latest. I changed to a tubular manifold, custom intake manifold, 80mm tb, and 3" intercooler piping. Can't wait!!!

UPDATE 9/05
Ok here are the latest pics of my car as of 2 am from Ray's camera phone. The car should be done by the end of next week at the latest and I will have dyno graphs and updated pics then. They are still working on my intake manifold and a few minor things.

The intercooler and 3" piping looks mean!! That thing should be a beast!

See less See more
#4 ·
very envious... nice setup... you're gonna love being able to tear apart so many cars on the road... haha

#5 ·
Do you guys think I should get the .95 ar or the 1.06 ar? Also is $1500 a good price for one or can somebody get me one for cheaper?

#6 ·
updated.

#7 ·
phil said:
Do you guys think I should get the .95 ar or the 1.06 ar? Also is $1500 a good price for one or can somebody get me one for cheaper?
what size turbo? those ar's are quite large btw...

NICE pics...dual HKS bov's, will sound AWESOME....looks like LexISpooled's old parts?

#8 ·
tsopranoMB said:
what size turbo? those ar's are quite large btw...
I ordered the .95 ar GT40R

#9 ·
When is the completion date? I'm curious to see the numbers. My setup is fairly similar.

#10 ·
SophieSleeps said:
When is the completion date? I'm curious to see the numbers. My setup is fairly similar.
I'm thinking it should be done by mid-end of July, but thats rests in the hands of PFS.

#12 ·
contracters must be getting paid well in Iraq! Who are you with? I need a job soon!

#13 ·
htekwo said:
contracters must be getting paid well in Iraq! Who are you with? I need a job soon!
I work for L-3 Vertex, but there are a bunch of companies over here, and they all pay really good!! :)

#15 ·
Stangboy said:
so is everyone building the shortblock and using a stock ge head? Im new to this, wearing the search out, but this is a buildup like I want. I have an LS1 and looking for something more comfortable to drive.... Sweet car, and please keep us posted.!!!
There are 2 routes you can go with for the bottom end, buy a supra tt shortblock or get your ge block upgraded with supra internals(pistons, rods, oil squirters). As far as the head goes, that is the major difference between a gte and a ge. I have heard that in order to put a gte head on their is alot of rewiring. Most people are using the IS head with an exhaust cam, so they don't lose vvti, I said f**k vvti, and got the hks 264's for the intake and exhaust. It gives you a check engine light tho :(. ohwell, i dont care about that!

#16 ·
Updated, More pics!!! Should be done by the end of next week!

Reactions: Boatman and TeckniX
#17 ·
Looking really good man- I'm kinda curious as to what numbers you're gona be pushing. And we'll see if your tubular manifold well help on the spool.

Did you get the tranny built too? or just the VB upgrade?

#18 ·
TeckniX said:
Looking really good man- I'm kinda curious as to what numbers you're gona be pushing. And we'll see if your tubular manifold well help on the spool.

Did you get the tranny built too? or just the VB upgrade?
I got the fully built trans with upgraded sprage gears, clutch packs, vb, and torque convertor. I also got the pcs trans control unit, that way I can raise the shift points and go down to first in eshift mode.

Oh yeah and I also got the upgraded 1 piece slip type driveshaft, upgraded motor mounts and a driveshaft loop.

#21 ·
redline814 said:
It's nice to see a person do it ALL correct the 1st time around. You should have a good bOOsted experience! I can't wait to see the #'s...
Thanks for all the help Mark!!! I would have missed a few things without ur insight, I appreciate it.

My goal was to build the most reliable monster I could. Thats why I opted to upgrade things now that may not break at my hp level, but will last longer if done. Such as the ds, mounts and boxing in the lca's.

Thanks again Mark, track night should be fun!!!! Maybe we can go against each other once or twice.:p

#24 ·
Kaiyin said:
so what body kit are you going with now?

I just got the Maxx Racing kit yesterday and I have a full vertex kit on the way and jdm rear bumper. The maxx racing kit is temporary til the vertex kit and bumper come in, then it's decision time.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

#26 ·
phil said:
I just got the Maxx Racing kit yesterday and I have a full vertex kit on the way and jdm rear bumper. The maxx racing kit is temporary til the vertex kit and bumper come in, then it's decision time.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

your car is going to be amazing dude, stay safe over there come back soon! what is it now like 38 days or soemthing left

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.