Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for an IS350 motor into an AWD IS250 platform?

I know this is all unknown so far, just want to get speculation going on this.

I don't think lexus will be coming out with an IS350AWD any time soon, if at all.

So I was wondering what features does the AWD system have that would make it near impossible to swap over the engine and ecu system?

I can only imagine the different traction systems the AWD system uses that are associated with the 250's ecu.

I can hear the complaints now "You can get a TL w/ AWD with 300hp, why not an IS350 AWD?"

Discuss, lets hear some ideas! Shut-downs! whatever you got.... I'm just curious.

Kane
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,453 Posts
Kanine21 said:
for an IS350 motor into an AWD IS250 platform?

I know this is all unknown so far, just want to get speculation going on this.

I don't think lexus will be coming out with an IS350AWD any time soon, if at all.

So I was wondering what features does the AWD system have that would make it near impossible to swap over the engine and ecu system?

I can only imagine the different traction systems the AWD system uses that are associated with the 250's ecu.

I can hear the complaints now "You can get a TL w/ AWD with 300hp, why not an IS350 AWD?"

Discuss, lets hear some ideas! Shut-downs! whatever you got.... I'm just curious.

Kane
"You can get a TL w/ AWD with 300hp"
for cheaper

Shutdown now -h
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,414 Posts
You're prolly only going to get like 260whp with that kind of swap, give or take a few hp. Is it worth the effort and cash?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OKCIS said:
"You can get a TL w/ AWD with 300hp"
for cheaper

Shutdown now -h
ooops! sorry, was thinking of the upcoming G35. mah bad...

Kane
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OKCIS said:
Dont get me wrong it would be cool but i think for the cost you would have to be one of those people taht just doesnt give a shit about money and wnats to be first to do it.

Wheres GTE at? WUT!
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I would be slower than an RWD 350, but I wonder what, if any, advantages would there be on the AWD system, say in wet weather and off-the -line acceleration.

Good question, wtf is GTE??? Haven't seen him in ages!

Kane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
i don't understand why it would be slower than the 350 .....i'm not sure but isn't the 350 heavier than the IS300 and wouldn't the v6 lighter than the 2jz-ge ...im of course no expert ...wouldn't the IS300 wif a swap like that be faster than a 350 .....but i don't think it would be worth it tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,414 Posts
BrokeAZZWillie said:
i don't understand why it would be slower than the 350 .....i'm not sure but isn't the 350 heavier than the IS300 and wouldn't the v6 lighter than the 2jz-ge ...im of course no expert ...wouldn't the IS300 wif a swap like that be faster than a 350 .....but i don't think it would be worth it tho
Go back and reread the first post carefully....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,905 Posts
Maybe just wait to see if they release a 350AWD. Kind of like the 5spd IS300. I bet they will
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top