Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the people with nice systems out there, what songs do you listen to (asrtists or titles) to really bring up the spl?
I never really noticed before but most of the songs i listen to have no deep resonating bass

:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
chemical brothers - bass test
crystal method - busy child (basically all of cm's songs are good for this)
daft punk - da funk
prodigy (a lot of their stuff)

edit: don't know what style of music you're into, but these songs are alrite......just a few off the top of my head
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have heard bass test, quite good

Heres a few i can contribute as well:
From the Nelly remix album:
Country Grammar
Iz U
and a few others (forgot names)

Obie Trice - Got teeth

But I listen to all different types of music from grunge to electronica to metal and yes, even some pop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Ying Yang Twins - Salt Shaka ...... if you life Rap.

All bass songs are good....they throw in all different levels of bass into the one song, pretty sweet....

what kind of music do you listen to most often?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
i got two for ya:

Korn - Dead Bodies Everywhere (drops at the beginning)
Silkk the Shocker - If my 9 could talk (the bass never stops in this track)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
lying from you - linkin park ...shocked me the first time I played the CD, didn't expect that much bass from a rock song.

into the fire - sarah mclachlan...such a seductive bass line
three 6 mafia...nuff said, this will test your sub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Probably the geekiest response you'll get but 'Bach Organ Blaster' with Michael Murray on organ. Even if classical music isn't your thing, it's a good CD to subject audio systems to. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
857 Posts
Outkast- Rosa Park.
Notorious B.I.G.- Hypnotize.
2 great songs for bass. Peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,704 Posts
"Brass Monkey" - Beastie Boys
"Funky Expedition" - Conscious Daughters (ol' school)
"Ambition Az a Ridah" Tupac
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
OZIS200 said:
For all the people with nice systems out there, what songs do you listen to (asrtists or titles) to really bring up the spl?
I never really noticed before but most of the songs i listen to have no deep resonating bass

:eek:

Alodo Nova's "Fantasy"

It has some ULTRA lowwwwwwwwww bass notes in the beginning that can really test out subwoofers!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
Peter_Klim said:
OZIS200 said:
For all the people with nice systems out there, what songs do you listen to (asrtists or titles) to really bring up the spl?
I never really noticed before but most of the songs i listen to have no deep resonating bass

:eek:

Alodo Nova's "Fantasy"

It has some ULTRA lowwwwwwwwww bass notes in the beginning that can really test out subwoofers!!
holy shit, I remember that song from when I was in intermediate school or so. ahh, fond memories, I'll have to dig out the LP and give it a try.
 

·
Legacy Mod
Joined
·
6,072 Posts
I have to agree back when I had a 3rd place B class setup I used a Bach, J.s.: Bachbuster / Modern Synthesizer Mus CD to test SPL and clarity. and nothing on earth that I know of that will produce as much SPL as an Organ.

jp82729 said:
Probably the geekiest response you'll get but 'Bach Organ Blaster' with Michael Murray on organ. Even if classical music isn't your thing, it's a good CD to subject audio systems to. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,001 Posts
most KoRn songs have some really really heavy bass notes. Particularly
Somebody Someone
Blind
Did My Time - All by Korn
Pass the Dutch - Missy Elliot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,650 Posts
Chigger said:
"Funky Expedition" - Conscious Daughters (ol' school)
what you know about Concious Daughters? LOL. That Song is the shit. i have that CD in my CD player in the car :chill:

that is my only favorite old school song
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
the outkast cds have some songs with bass and others without. Its a mix. They even have a test on the "Speakerbox" CD. Try those out!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top