Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
:lol: :fool: :popcorn: :frustrate :flee: :screwy: :duh: :shocked: just to sum it up a little bit... Try maybe a not so "intense red" or what I would do paint them black, with a red pinstripe perimeter... looks sick

they're for sale if you know any one with a vdub, audi, or porsche

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Red wheels are good, stock wheels painted red are bad... imo the stock wheels only look good in silver, but a set of nice wheels in red with polished lip look great.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Either paint the outside red and the center black, or vice-versa all red is a little much. I think outside black inside red would look nice.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Well buddy, you asked the question and here's my response..... :puke:

·
Registered
827 Posts
you where right i have never seen that before

·
Registered
446 Posts
looks ok..Just looks too crazy for a stock IS. Maybe id you had a kit and it was slammed it would look better..Just doesn't fit the part.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree StJarvis, all red is too much. Painting the middle only or the two tone combo he mentioned would be better. Mine is Absolutely Red, and I'm thinking of painting the middle of the spokes red, till I get custom wheels.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I love our stock wheels painted. These are a little too much but hey, it's your car! If you like it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well, I actually have seen this before...but anyways:

Stock red rims don't look good in my opinion...get some nice red rims and it will look 100x's better...and do some seat stitching on the interior or something to that degree to match the exterior.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Gentlemen with all due respect, I commend all of you for being considerate in your responses but for chistsakes be honest! Sometimes a pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. It's not my intention to be mean but sometimes you have to be brutally frank. I've been on this site for over four years and this is only the second time that I have EVER been harsh. The other time was the young lady from Vegas with the blue IS, white wheels and pink calipers. You do members a disservice when your sugarcoat things.

I truly understand the need to be constructive but there are times, rare as it may be, when you just have to call it like it is. It's ok to do this especially when someone asks for your opinion. Believe me, they will appreciate it in the end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gentlemen with all due respect, I commend all of you for being considerate in your responses but for chistsakes be honest! Sometimes a pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. It's not my intention to be mean but sometimes you have to be brutally frank. I've been on this site for over four years and this is only the second time that I have EVER been harsh. The other time was the young lady from Vegas with the blue IS, white wheels and pink calipers. You do members a disservice when your sugarcoat things.

I truly understand the need to be constructive but there are times, rare as it may be, when you just have to call it like it is. It's ok to do this especially when someone asks for your opinion. Believe me, they will appreciate it in the end.
I still think it would look good if the red was a shade darker. It's too bright...brings attention solely to the rims not the whole car.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Either paint the outside red and the center black, or vice-versa all red is a little much. I think outside black inside red would look nice.

This guy is right... paint the majority of the wheel black... and then paint the middle of the spokes red. That would still look different... and be a bit more easier to digest.

When I first saw the pic of the red wheels... my eyes definitely opened up... but I'm still not sure if it's because I'm impressed or in shock.

Can you take a picture from the side?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
i think it looks good.

paint the spokes black or go for the timeattack look. (red trim on the outside and all black)

good job.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
You know what they say about common sense. If it were common, then everyone would have it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts