Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They are like little indentations all over... but my spoiler and tail lights were really scratched up. I boxed up my LED Tail Lights as they will need to be sanded and polished. Doesn't matter as my orders are coming in now. my uncle who works with stainless steel and makes railings and 360 degrees revolving doors has measured out the part of the rocker panel that is rusted and will be making me an insert. So I will have to cut it out and he will Tig/Mig weld it in. He will also make the the frame for the rear glass as I have water leaking into my trunk aswell.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
These damn maniacs came back again. This time they scratched up my window with something metal lol... Are you kidding me. Now I need to replace the glass lol... I know its cheap but still. I also noticed that the last mechanic that I took my car too switched my interior door handles. Now I need to replaced those because they are damaged. Anyhow, the car is going into the garage this weekend. Complete full strip down of the interior and body work going to be done. Also need to remove the sunroof and do some body work around the edges.

Does anyone know if the part on the door can be replaced? The black cover part. It doesn't appear so.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was expecting like baseball bat sized dents and stuff, looks like PDR will be able to fix most of it

You sure it didn't hail in your area or something?

Nick C.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I have only owned the car for 1 year now. It has not hailed here for a long time, anyhow I cleaned out the garage entirely and managed to now store it. My father and I will start the bodywork when we are finished painting their ensuite in the master bedroom. So much relief, I downloaded this app called EpocCam that uses your iPhone as a wireless security camera. There are two version free and HD. I angle my iPhone and have the screen open on my laptop and have live footage of the front of the house including the cars on the driveway. Pretty badass application. My next investment is two dash cams that have motion sensors. Hopefully I can finish this bodywork and have my car painted by the end of the summer because I hate driving a rusted car when I have a shit load of stuff to install. XXR 527's Chromium, Hankook V12's, New headlights and Fog lamps, New HID's, CX Racing Coils... Just a matter of time and I will be ballin. Then my only mod after is my 2JZGTE swap. Damn, I cannot believe how much time this takes. Why can I not win the lottery lol and do it all at once!.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
there are a few scratches but little tiny door ding size dent they put like 10 of these tiny dents on the doors and quarter panel and roof.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dude, that sucks, but there are some low-life kids who don't appreciate the fact that we spend our hard-earned money on our cars. The second week of owning my IS, I returned to my car at the Dublin Mall and noticed scratches all over my passenger side of my car. I was so bummed out. I sat for hours buffing and polishing with the Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound and Polish Compound. and now they aren't visible unless you look closely.
Then parked by my work several weeks later, I come back to my car at lunch with two small dents in the hood (I was parked facing out). **sigh**
But, damn a bunch of dents?!? It makes me mad to read about this, I feel for you buddy.
to the spoiled little boys who have no respect for other people's property

21 - 32 of 32 Posts