Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying 18 or 19 inch wheels would like to get an adjustable suspension like Tein HA coilovers, or be cheap and jus get lowering springs, what i dont understand is the coilovers look much more worthy , will i need to replace my shocks much sooner or do the coilovers replace my shocks. From what i understand springs like eibach or other lowering springs wear shocks down ,do the Tein as well please help i searched and didnt exactly find what i wanted to know. :oops:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
coilovers replace shocks as well.

don't get 19s unless you like a really rough ride.

·
Registered
454 Posts
coil-over = complete package: Matching springs and shocks. No need to replace shocks, because you basically replaces the stock suspension . With cheaper springs setup, you get springs and later when your shocks goes bad you need to replace them. or get them at the same time. I personally like coil-overs because I have one and I had spring and shock on another car before. One thing about spring and shocks is that what ever the height the springs comes in is what you get. Coi-over allows you to adjust the height and damping. So you want to more adjustability go with coil-over, and if you want to go simple such as drop and go, go with spring and shocks. But coil-over is more worth it to me.

This should help if not do a search and there should be a lot of post about this subject. :)

IS3FINALLYmd said:
I will be buying 18 or 19 inch wheels would like to get an adjustable suspension like Tein HA coilovers, or be cheap and jus get lowering springs, what i dont understand is the coilovers look much more worthy , will i need to replace my shocks much sooner or do the coilovers replace my shocks. From what i understand springs like eibach or other lowering springs wear shocks down ,do the Tein as well please help i searched and didnt exactly find what i wanted to know. :oops:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the life span of say some aftermarket coilovers , since they replace shocks and shocks are replaced a couple times in most cars

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
tein said 60k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Sentinel
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing