Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying 18 or 19 inch wheels would like to get an adjustable suspension like Tein HA coilovers, or be cheap and jus get lowering springs, what i dont understand is the coilovers look much more worthy , will i need to replace my shocks much sooner or do the coilovers replace my shocks. From what i understand springs like eibach or other lowering springs wear shocks down ,do the Tein as well please help i searched and didnt exactly find what i wanted to know. :oops:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
coilovers replace shocks as well.

don't get 19s unless you like a really rough ride.

·
Registered
454 Posts
coil-over = complete package: Matching springs and shocks. No need to replace shocks, because you basically replaces the stock suspension . With cheaper springs setup, you get springs and later when your shocks goes bad you need to replace them. or get them at the same time. I personally like coil-overs because I have one and I had spring and shock on another car before. One thing about spring and shocks is that what ever the height the springs comes in is what you get. Coi-over allows you to adjust the height and damping. So you want to more adjustability go with coil-over, and if you want to go simple such as drop and go, go with spring and shocks. But coil-over is more worth it to me.

This should help if not do a search and there should be a lot of post about this subject. :)

IS3FINALLYmd said:
I will be buying 18 or 19 inch wheels would like to get an adjustable suspension like Tein HA coilovers, or be cheap and jus get lowering springs, what i dont understand is the coilovers look much more worthy , will i need to replace my shocks much sooner or do the coilovers replace my shocks. From what i understand springs like eibach or other lowering springs wear shocks down ,do the Tein as well please help i searched and didnt exactly find what i wanted to know. :oops:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the life span of say some aftermarket coilovers , since they replace shocks and shocks are replaced a couple times in most cars

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
tein said 60k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts