Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well someone decided to have art class on my car the other night. It happened downtown in New Orleans. They keyed both sides and knocked off my passenger side mirror. They even got the trunk and hood! So now that I need a whole new paint job I'm not sure if I should go back to solar yellow or maybe change. I don't know how much more a color change would be but it would be nice to have a new color.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Damn that sucks bro. Thats why i try not to drive my car that much and if i do i usually go places where i can see it. To change it a different color is going to take a lot of work i mean your going to have to get the door jams trunk and engine bay. I would keep it the same color unless your willing to strip the car apart.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I think I'm going with the same color and I'm going to get some other bodywork done that was needed. I've already claimed it on my insurance so now I just need to fine a good body shop to do the work. It was time for a new paint job anyway but I sure do wish I would have caught them doing it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Damn haters.. I would be pissed off. I prefer to have a roach problem then my car being keyed, cheaper.. and if your into eating roaches you would have your breakfast served in your car

·
Registered
827 Posts
damn that sucks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't worry. From now on we'll all be on the lookout together. Probably someone who was driving a piece-of-crap car anyway. I bet he/she accidentally ran into your side mirror and had a panic attack and wanted it to look like it was foul play.

I agree with everyone else. If you're eventually going to take things apart or change the color, then now would be an opportune time. Otherwise, just stick with the same color as it can get pretty expensive.

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
PM brad bedell and get his yellow color. I think it was Honda CBR yellow pearl off their sport bike

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
That sucks man, karma will get them some day!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I'd stick with the same color bro...unless you wanted to have a 2 tone paint scheme going on then thats up to you.....sorry to hear that, hate that when it happens.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
sorry to hear man, i am always worried about that crap when i go out on weekends. i ended up with a loogie on my rear window this weekend. i know its not as bad as being keyed, it just goes to showed douchbags cant respect cars no matter where you are

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
sorry to hear that bro. what goes around comes around so keep your head up in the meantime. i was never a SY fan so if they will cover a full repaint a diff color and will handle all the details (dorr jambs ect) then go for it. why not right!

·
Registered
132 Posts
damn, sorry to hear
Damn haters..
but who knows maybe the new paint will come out better :)
good luck with everything! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah still not sure about the color change but I'm putting it in the shop as soon as Mardi Gras is over. I'm going to take this time to knock out a bunch of things that have been aggravating me like buffing the headlights, new grill, and a few other small things I've been wanting to do.

·
Registered
797 Posts
damn i'd be pissed, this past saturday night me and a couple of friends came back to their house to find my friends s2000 passenger window shattered and softtop knifed and ripped, damn haters, sorry for your issue

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi IS Community. I feel sorry more for the man who committed this type of act because Godsmack will be in return. When he/she gets his/hers dream car, the past will haunt them and strike them back with authority. YellowLexo, yo bro I hope everything is doing good for you. Just know this, people get it worse than you my man. I have seen way more worse stuff done to other cars than what they did to yours, just feel pretty blessed that they didn't steal anything or did major damage to your Lexus. I mean money is money, there will be a point in your life where things will get thrown at you, sure you will get mad, bumps and bruises, but at the end of the day your going to have to put work in to get progress pushing out it. Just think positive, be thankful your car is not as messed up as others get it. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts