Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about the ECU problem and have experienced that for myself with my week old IS. Can somebody explain to me what the traction control problem is? Lots of people have mentioned it in past posts but I haven't been able to find details on it. Does this have to do with TRAC engaging prematurely? Is the fix available yet? Is it just going to be a reprogram like the ECU or are they going to have to replace parts?

Also, has anybody in Toronto gotten the ECU fix yet?

Thanks guys & gals.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The traction control problem that I typically experience involves taking off from a stop while making a right or left turn. Usually giving it about 1/2 throttle will cause the traction control to engage during the turn, even on clean, dry, pavement. The traction control actuation lasts about 1-2 seconds and acts like the engine is bogging. This is not a good situation if you are trying to jump out into traffic.

I just got back from my 5k service. They are aware of the ECU problem but claim not fix is available yet. They were unaware of any TRAC problem. Who can I call to verify whether Lexus acknowledges these problems or not?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think everyone should talk to Lexus. Don't talk to your dealer cuz they'll tell you what you want to hear. Put the problem on paper and send it to Lexus. I'm filling out my survey for the car at the moment and I'm definatly going to mention about the hesitation thing. Quit talking to the dealers. They don't know jack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hummm, I noticed you have experienced quite a few problems with your new IS: CD charger problem, noise problem, ECU problem, now traction control problem!

I wonder if I should still consider buying right now or wait for the manual...

By the way, did you pay 1500$CAN for the destination and preparation charge? I heard you can bargain to lower the amount you pay for this.

Thanks.

Originally posted by TORONTO-MAN:
I've heard about the ECU problem and have experienced that for myself with my week old IS. Can somebody explain to me what the traction control problem is? Lots of people have mentioned it in past posts but I haven't been able to find details on it. Does this have to do with TRAC engaging prematurely? Is the fix available yet? Is it just going to be a reprogram like the ECU or are they going to have to replace parts?

Also, has anybody in Toronto gotten the ECU fix yet?

Thanks guys & gals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts