Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2002 from Longo a couple of weeks ago. Thanks again to Mark Evens. Great Deal.

I am generally satisfied with the car, but there are some nagging problems I would like to bring up.

1. The notchy shifter problems and thud sound which has been brought up by others.

2. The 1st gear seems to have been set peticularly short, Ie: it revs immediately to very high rpm and you need to shift to 2nd pretty quick to drive the car smoothly, do most you guys use 1st gear to start from stop or 2nd? I tested a auto and seems the car started at 2nd gear.

3. When I roll down the back windows halfway, there is a thumping sound coming, presumably, from the back tires. Its very pronounced and distracting. I have 17 inchers with Dunlops. Anyone else experience this?

Other than these things I am very satisfied with the car. And this board is really helpful. Keep up the good job guys :smile:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
ITs cuz of the wind, not the tires.......it is very annoying.....especially at high speeds....

rear windows are useless since they can only be cracked to be un-annoying.

·
Registered
725 Posts
i get the nose also...but on the freeway if i put the front windows down there is a lot of noise more than most cars...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
The auto doesn't start in 2nd gear...the e-shift is limited to 2nd gear, but it still starts in first...it just won't go higher than 2nd if you select it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
the noise is from the wind, don't worry.
Actually, the IS is powerful enough, so it does not need to keep in first gear long. The first gear is just to get the car going, it is better to shift to 2nd as fast as you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts