Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am temporarily in school in Drumright Ok and drove the IS here from NC (big mistake, should have flown/anything other than subject my car to this punishment). Well Drumright is the 6th circle of hell so this afternoon after class I took off to find Route 66 and take some photos to help kill my boredom.

The local cops came of course when I was in an alley (not used to that here I guess) which is my second run in with the local PD in 4 days when I haven't been pulled over in 11 years prior to this. I think I will stick to 50k minimum population from now on lol, they don't like out of state plates, sleeve tattoos, or earrings in small country towns where they know everyone. I think they believe I am here to bring Heroin and Cocaine to their children instead of go to school lol.

Either way, here are a few of the better pics, enjoy or talk smack about my current surroundings (I know I do lol).

The cops showed up while I was in the alley (these people are a bit strange) and made me leave because it "just ain't normal" and wouldn't let me take a pic of the cop car flashing behind me or he was keeping my cam.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got the red x's. Sounds stupid you have a nice car and a cop busts you cause your taking pics. He probably drove a taurus or something.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated with new links.

·
Registered
827 Posts
nice pics when did you get the exhaust

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put it on about 2 months ago. It's a Tanabe Super Medallion. I will probably change it again later on, I am hung up on a Greddy Ti-C but I want to get back to my normal level of income prior to buying anymore parts. 2 more months :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I smell BACON!!!!!! lol. Its the car dude. They dont even have a Lexus Dealer. I bet they were probably saying " Its one of them fancy TYODAS."

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Nice pix! I have a full sleeve on my right arm and I'm workin on my left. I've found it doesn't matter where you go people are close minded and don't understand.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pix! I have a full sleeve on my right arm and I'm workin on my left. I've found it doesn't matter where you go people are close minded and don't understand.

Yep, I completely agree. Usually after looking at it for a second, opinions change. It's all black/grey because I don't hold color worth a damn but the entire arm is a memorial to all my friends I lost in Iraq and other areas in the last couple of years.

I think because of the styling and coloring, people assume it's a prison tatt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nice car. i'm from oklahoma and i dont have a problem with cops here. must be the plates. that and small towns like stroud dont get alot of Lexus cars so that might have something to do with it. hope they leave you alone

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am pretty sure you're right man, it's just the small towns. The larger normal towns here are nice.

I am just in the armpit of Ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's fear...The cops in small towns are affraid of strange new things...
...and now that Toyota is in Nascar , that's all new to them...they don't know what to do if a Ford isn't on the front page of the local paper...:bigSmile:

Maybe if you put some TRD emblems on your car, the cops will ease up...?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bwahahahahahahahaha

I was sitting in a steak house monday night when it came on TV that Tony Stewart won a race or something (I don't follow nascar). There was a round of groans and bitches I didn't understand until I noticed that TS in fact drives one of the new yotas lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The OKC area cars should meet some weekend and go for a stroll

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely, I would like to meet some fellow car enthusiasts in the area. Most of what I see are rusty muscle cars and riced out hondas. Very few clean (ok, scratch that, where I am ONE clean) car from any brand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
let me know when and where you want to meet up at

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice styling, love the car, simple no need for body kits in my opinion. Rep+
LOL more small town jokes please!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts