Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just spoke with Jarrett today and he is continuing to tune his car. His latest dyno pull at 12 lbs of boost pulled 571 rwhp. :eek: :eek: Hopefully I am not the only one who thinks that is sick for only 12 lbs of boost. Anyway, I just thought you guys might like the new info too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
WOW :eek: nice numbers :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Which turbo are they running?

Did they decrease the compression with the install? If not, those are numbers you might expect with low boost.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quick said:
Which turbo are they running?

Did they decrease the compression with the install? If not, those are numbers you might expect with low boost.
Compression is 9.0:1 :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Care to answer what turbo ???......I know how it is to be secretive but just wondering....

Anyhow...Congrats to Jarrett.....I don't give it as much credit as if it was yours/mine/GTE/Randy/Faiuza etc etc.....Us not being shop owners and all but it warrents a definite....NICE !!!

Dan
02' MSM IS300
STOCK.....
.......It comes with the T-70 and the 6-Speed right ?....
TOYOMOTO Built & Tuned
"I'm so far ahead of my time, I'm bout to start another life
Look behind you, I'm bout to pass you twice"......S.C.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lilaznboi said:
race gas?
It was on racing fuel (which is what ever tuner will dyno the cars on). I think we should clear up a misunderstanding about racing fuel though. It is only higher octane feul which simply means it has a higher resistance to detonation. It doesn't make your car run faster and it won't make more hp in the car. It simply allows you to run more boost because it has a higher resistance to detonation. Remember with boost you are compressing and heating the air. So, as you enter the higher boost levels, the air gets very hot, then when it is compressed in the cylinder it can pre-ignite or detonate before the spark ignites the A/F. This is detonation. Higher octane fuel can be combined with hotter air (at higher boost levels)without detonating early, hence it has advantages for high boost F/I setups. Since this is not considered a high boost run, race fuel won't really make a difference. However, the tuners use it in case something happened to go wrong on the dyno like the car overboosting. This way, they are protected from detonation assuming they don't way overboost.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i'd like to see a dyno sheet, i am very skeptical. i know phr is a good tuner, but they aren't a magician, so when numbers like that are produced that are so far out of the norm, i can't just blindly believe them. and don't take any of that against you wxman, i know that you are just the messanger. ask him if he'll post a dyno sheet, with that i can do calculations (given a turbo size) to figure out some things.

-gte

Wxman said:
Hey, I just spoke with Jarrett today and he is continuing to tune his car. His latest dyno pull at 12 lbs of boost pulled 571 rwhp. :eek: :eek: Hopefully I am not the only one who thinks that is sick for only 12 lbs of boost. Anyway, I just thought you guys might like the new info too.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
dt1313 said:
Care to answer what turbo ???......I know how it is to be secretive but just wondering....

Anyhow...Congrats to Jarrett.....I don't give it as much credit as if it was yours/mine/GTE/Randy/Faiuza etc etc.....Us not being shop owners and all but it warrents a definite....NICE !!!
Why not? He's not "paying" for labor like you guys but he's still got to do the work and buy the gear... i fanything, he deserves MORE credit that you all because he's doing it himself, unlike y'all who for the most part paid to ahve it done :lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Thats sweet, nice numbers for 12psi.

I will be even more impressed if he drives it everyday....

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Freelance said:

Freelance he is daily driving his car and he has put about 1000 miles on it in the last month or so.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Wxman said:
Freelance said:

Freelance he is daily driving his car and he has put about 1000 miles on it in the last month or so.
OK I AM NOW OFFICALLY IMPRESSED :eek: :eek:

Tell him I said congradulations That is an awesome thing he is doing and keep up the good work...

Randy

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
88 Replies
37 Participants
IS_Dude
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing