Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yo - where is Geoff...I want his opinion on this wax...is FF really better or is he just getting some sort of kick back?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...for those in the MidWest or anywhere with available real estate...that is a Zero Lot line in sunny CA. I have no complaints though since the house has more than doubled in value in 2 years.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great looking car, Agent! We have the same color, except I have the black interior. Because of the weather, Ive only driven mine 2 days out of the week Ive had it, so at this rate, it should keep that new car shine like yours

------------------
Rob
3series fun+ Japanese reliability=IS300

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on now boys and girls...Photopoint tells me my pix have been hit 1600+ times...what do you think of the finish? Does 3M Show Car Wax and Gloss Enhancer pass the test or does FF or Zaino look a lot better?

I would really like to know people's thoughts.

Agent Smith Out

·
Registered
102 Posts
The finish is amazing. Wow !!! My IS is graphite Grey. I always thought graphite Grey is the best color. After seeing your car. I think I make it a mistake on color.

Wow !!!! Wow !!!!! Wish my car would look like that.

Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Come on now boys and girls...Photopoint tells me my pix have been hit 1600+ times...what do you think of the finish? Does 3M Show Car Wax and Gloss Enhancer pass the test or does FF or Zaino look a lot better?

I would really like to know people's thoughts.

Agent Smith Out

·
Registered
449 Posts
Where the swirl marks there before or after the wax job. Is the material a liquid and kind to clear coat pain jobs? Iam using Finish 2000 and it works well!!!!! and it si simple, wipe on wipe off, no elbow grease and NO swirl marks, lasts a long time and gives the car the WET look.

Originally posted by Agent Smith:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1355047&a=10092547

Finally downloaded these pix...I just finished up with the 3M Show Car Wax... I am still working on my own detailing technique. I can see some "swirl" action but I cleared that up since then.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey AS do you ever pull up to the wrong house? My friend used to live in ANaheim Hills and i could never find his place, every threee houses are the smae out thier!! But those houses are nice, oh yeah nice car i love that color, are swirl marks that big a deal on that color? To me it look almosst like the same color on the Civic SI the Electron Blue Pearl (THAT WAS NOT A FLAME) which doesn't get swirl makrs, SBM must be darker in person.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah - the architecture is somewhat lacking...but it is better than some of the crack houses I used to storm.

I think the majority of the swirlies were there before ~ upon delivery. I tried the Vertical pattern on the sides but I will use 3Ms swirl remover first.

I am pretty pleased with it...price wise it was about $16...I think if all the hype for FF is true it might be worth it to sink a couple of more bucks into that.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Very sweet looking ride... I just picked up my IS last week so I can't give any opinions about the wax just yet.

Scott.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts