Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 17 and if i get into a good college, my parents will buy me an is300. By that time, ill have the choice with the 2002 manual is300. The problem is, ive never driven standard before. Eventhough i think i know wat to do and have replayed situations in my head, i have no real life experience driving one. Any tips on driving manual?

And should i even be considering a manual? my friend said i should buy the automatic, because lexus=luxury...any opinions? im sure i can learn manual, just havent done it yet.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Auto vs. Manual depends on your preference, so I would suggest learning stickshift first and then deciding.

If you have a friend or relative who owns a car with a manual, ask him to teach you and let you drive his car. Of course, that depends if he wants to risk his clutch.

Or if you'd rather spend some money and re-live driver training (gasp!), I think places will offer lessons in driving a stick.

There are many nuances in driving a manual, so I would suggest practicing a lot. Smoothness is the key when you're learning. If you have access to a beater, then all the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts