Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my IS300 and already thinking about how to connect my iPod. I thought it was going to be simple to just transfer my Alpine 9886 HU with iPod connect over but after reading about the rear speaker issue, it looks like that won't be happening. I am not looking to put a whole lot of money into this, so the cheaper and more affordable the better but I def. still want a decent sounding setup. I still want to use the Alpine 9886 HU:

Do I go with 1 or 2 subs and 10" or 12"
What type of door and rear speakers are people using? What are decent ones?
Last how many amps will I need and can someone recommend one?

Is trying to stay under a $500 or less budget enough for all of this?

What direction would some of you go in this situation of not wanting to spend all that much, I don't necessarily want to spend $500 but if I have to I might, the less the better.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the 9886 is a descent stereo
you could use a grom i-pod adapter and keep the stock stereo and add a sub via a high-low converter.
or bypass the factory amp and spend the money you would have used on the grom on new speakers and get the "$10" scosche dash kit < here you go avernier.... this would be your best solution.
now onto the sub.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would i be getting speakers for both front and rears and if so should they be component speakers or just regular 2 or 3 way speakers? Wouldn't I need an amp to power the new speakers or is the stock amp fine to use?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.