Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Ill start off with the gauges. Im going with Autometer boost and EGT Gauges and the AEM wideband. What besides the gauges to I need to buy in order to install the gauges and to get them to work? Any wires or sensors? Also I am going with the Greddy Emanage Ultimate and want to know if I need the PnP harness that is $350 or if I can go with the universal harness that is only $90. Thats it for now but I will update with more questions as they come come up. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
886 Posts
All sensors should come with the gauges. You should also think about how you're going to mount the gauges, like with a triple gauge pod above the center dash vents, or gauge cups in the same area or attached to the steering wheel's ignition cover area.

You're going SC, and not turbo right?

You'll need a bung welded or maybe just a tap job to your exhaust manifold for the EGT sensor, and another bung downstream somewhere in the exhaust for the wideband sensor.

The plug and play harness might come in handy if you're not well experiences with wiring. The $90 one sounds like a "flying lead" setup where the signal wires will have to be spliced in..

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The boost gauge you will need a long 1/4 vac. line 5ft to make sure you have enough. (any parts store) The AEM wideband kit will have everything you need to complete install. And my advice is to get the pnp harness. Hardwiring is risky and is a pain as well. I am currently boosting my car, so I am going through this right now. I spent the extra $ and got the pnp.(easy route)

·
Registered
886 Posts
There is likely a plug in the block you can remove and put a oil pressure sending unit in it's place.. I have a GTE block so it may be different. Maybe "T" off of the stock oil pressure sending unit.

Greddy(I think) makes a plate that goes between the block and oil filter that has a plugged oil source(pre-tapped hole) for temps or pressure that you could use.

Here's one from Ebay.

Ebay item number: 360022590524

You could also get a pressure reading from one of the accessory ports on the greddy oil filter relocation kit.
Greddy Oil Filter Relocation Kit - 2JZ

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya Im just stuck on what to run for the third gauge. I dont want something too hard to wire up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts