Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as most of you have seen, i am doing a stock to stock swap on the motor of the is300

Here is some issues that came up

The block we bought was built for a GS not is300

the only diff in the block is the water pump and oil pan with pick up

We used the is300 oil pan and pick up from the old motor on the new one.

When we turn on the car it is throwing a oil light, the bottom one. #26 in your owners book. Definition Low engine oil preasure warning light.

Now we have the right amount of oil in her, right weight, and this light comes on at times. I was on the phone with a tuner this morning but we could not get the issue fixed.

Now here is the issue, the light comes on at times, and today when i put her in drive the light stayed off, but the car was at almost 2k in warm up, the other night she was perfect at 900 rpm.

So here is the issue, we have her at 1200-1500 at warm up, she is throwing this light at times. What should i do?

thanks in advance
David

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
measure oil pressure mechanically with a guage

if it is low, you can troubleshoot for that, if it is ok, the sending unit is bad

-gte

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sending unit is connected to the banjo bolt?

Ill try to take a pic of the area in question.

why would the rpm's go so high today, but 2 days ago she was perfect ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
car will usually idel higher when its cold and not warmed up this could be a shot it will usually drop down to 900 rpm when its. ready

Joe

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i think i got somewhere on this issue today.

We noticed the light was off when we turned the car on. Then we shook the car and the light turned on. So that could me two things.

a. oil is hitting the sensor and tripping it.
b. there is a loose wire.

well i located the wires and we started tapping the wire and one sat in the cabin. With each tap of the wire the light turned on and off on and off. So i think its safe to say there is just a connection problem and not a preasure problem. Any input?

David

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think it is a connection problem based on what you said i mean it wouldnt be the pressure becuase it wouldnt turn on just based on taping the wire. Just check all the connections and hopefully youll figure it out..maybe youll have to replace the sensor....I think the problem might be the mixing and matching of the GS engine into the IS bay with the IS oil pan..but im not sure...hope everything turns out good :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts