Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I have collected all parts for the manual swap except steering wheel (posted a thread in the WTB section). I may start the swap on Monday hopefully.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good!

What was the issue with the OEM dash? Typical finish issues?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you for the comments. I will take and post more pics when it stops raining.

Yes the original dash was sticky and melting.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Very clean and simple yet awsome work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you for the comments. I will take and post more pics when it stops raining.

Yes the original dash was sticky and melting.
Ick :(

Seems like a typical problem for this car. If any of you guys ever want to refinish a dash, there's some really awesome "soft touch" finishes out there that can do the job ;) They essentially act as a clear coat, so you can use whatever base color you like, then top coat it and it'll feel just like the OEM finish (when it was new).

Seeing as your replacement was a nice little bonus, I can't say I would've passed it up either :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
like the memory seat thing, but rear fogs? who uses those things anyways? had them when i had a slaab(horrible car) and never used them. unless your using the switch for something else. also i may be a newb asking this, but what short shifter you using? cause that one looks real short

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I wouldn't use it since there is rarely foggy in Miami lol. I just don't like the look of the blanks. I'm also working on getting headlight washers since I need a new bumper anyway. Again there is no use for that here.

The shifter came like that with the transmission. The person I bought it from said it was a shortened stock shifter. I'm glad it came like that since I don't like the height of the stock shifter.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Did you have to do anything to wire in the rear fogs?

I cant imagine it being that easy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The car is pre wired. All you have to do is splice 2 wires together using diodes so you don't backfeed the brakes when the fogs are on or viceversa.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts