Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
::SOLD::

toyomoto valve body upgrade stainless steel rods
makes your transmission shift faster and firmer
good up to about 450 hp
comes with detailed installation instructions

this was purchased to do the upgrade, but i will be sending my car to SRT to install my turbo kit, and they'll be doing my vb upgrade themselves. so i dont need this anymore. the guy i bought this from included a link where you can view all installation pictures full size.

$70 shipped

·
Registered
797 Posts
does this affect daily driving shift points? like is it still smooth in D or will you feel a jerk everytime a shift change like a 5 spd

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really sure of the exact effects, but apparently the shifting is much quicker. not necissarily jerkier. those that have this installed all have good things to say about the upgrade. i haven't sent my car to SRT yet so i dont know.

maybe someone with this upgrade can Give some insight?

so far i've gotten a few offers so hopefully these will be gone by this week cuz i need to buy some last few minor things for my turbo kit!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is this authentic Toyomoto or ebay knock-off? Since you have no instructions, do you have a receipt or anything else to prove which it is?

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how hard are these to install?
apparently not too difficult if you know what you're doing. i dont know much about this, which is why SRT will be doing my upgrade for me.

Is this authentic Toyomoto or ebay knock-off? Since you have no instructions, do you have a receipt or anything else to prove which it is?
not sure, but i'll find out tomorrow from the person i bought the whole turbo kit from. i do know that they're stainless steel (not aluminum), and i DO have the complete detailed instructions, with a website that has full-sized colored pictures to go along with the instructions.

Is That All U Need For The Upgrade
i believe so. but you or somebody has to open up the vb to replace the rods. (there's a thread of a member who did this recently, you can probably search for it)

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lowered price $70

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It easy to install. After you drop the VB out of your tranny, you will see 3 alum. pods. Pull those out and if you under the car the springs will fall out.
Be EVER SO CAREFUL with your VB when letting it down. Match the springs with your new VB rods. Lengh wise. Place them in and place the VB back up in there. On one of the corners of the VB you will have this black plastic peice with a little spring and a ball. Make sure its back in the right spot.(thats why I said to be careful letting it down) That easy. Get a new tranny filter while your there.

The shifting is based on how hard your in the gas. You drive normal(grandma) then you won't hardly see it. But at WOT, hold on! DON'T do anything stupid on a corner......your tires will come lose. (scared the piss out of me)

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep. shoot me a really really low offer, enough to cover shipping, my ride to the post office, and a few bucks more, and its yours ;-)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Free bump, guys this is a great price. Safer on your tranny and only takes and hour to do. Or have a shop to it. Either way a must needed mod. Buy with confidence!!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
might get this if i have any money left from my registration +4 parking tickets.

Damn LADOT parking enforcement!

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey man. sorry to report, sale pending to darksparkz who PMed me this morning.

i know about those tickets though. i got 3 at once last monday. i've been stopped probably over 30 times in my life, i'm sure at least 15 tickets, but NEVER more than 1 at a time haha.

luckily my friend is a lawyer who always takes care of them for me ;-)

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.