Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit it was easier than I had imagined it would be. I decided to sell the car only 2 days ago, and all day, the phone was ringing off the hook. I sold the IS this evening for $29k to the first person that looked at it. He was totally unfamiliar with the IS at first, but after a long test drive and a quick visit here, where he read some reviews, he was sold.

The car is for his son, for his graduation present. I told him one of the conditions of the sale would be that he and/or his son would have to register here, and join the fun

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. The novelty wore off I guess though. He bought an Acura MDX the other day, so the IS had to be sacrificied

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
You can buy back my IS for me if you want

I won't get bored of it.
I am loving the Miata though...it made me miss the manual transmission that I use to love.

·
Registered
257 Posts
strange.....this seems to be a trend...almost like this is becoming an Is300 alumni board...Hmmmmm, my friend at APEXi has been feeling the same way lately. While he never bought an IS (he was waiting for the manual to come out), he has transformed from wanting an IS to wanting an E36 M3. I wonder if Lexus really did themselves a disservice by throwing in an auto tranny and bottlenecked motor (read: average power) out the gates. .02

[ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: RotaryBzzz ]

·
Registered
631 Posts
Lexus probably should have waited till they had a stick, and perhaps thought that the E-shift would suffice for this year. Personally, I would have bought a slushbox anyway, so the I wouldn't have been affected.

In a sense, Lexus needed to get it's foot in the door of the minds of the American consumers this year, before the new Altima and WRX came out. They would be against much stiffer competition had they tried to have a first-year intro against those cars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
<sigh> The "novelty wore off"? So, a brand new expsensive car was sold simply because this immature young man decided that the "novelty" had worn off? Your son(?) needs to get a grip on reality, or he is destined to be unhappy no matter what or who comes into his life. My prediction: the "novelty" for the MDX will wear off even quicker.

He certainly does not sound mature enough to be driving brand new cars. If he's paying for his own cars - chalk it up to immaturity. If you are subsidizing his habits, shame on you.

Originally posted by DrJai:
True. The novelty wore off I guess though. He bought an Acura MDX the other day, so the IS had to be sacrificied

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Originally posted by Italian Stallion:
[QB]<sigh> The "novelty wore off"? So, a brand new expsensive car was sold simply because this immature young man decided that the "novelty" had worn off? Your son(?) needs to get a grip on reality, or he is destined to be unhappy no matter what or who comes into his life. My prediction: the "novelty" for the MDX will wear off even quicker.

He certainly does not sound mature enough to be driving brand new cars. If he's paying for his own cars - chalk it up to immaturity. If you are subsidizing his habits, shame on you.
[QB]
Shouldn't a man be able to buy and sell his cars whenever he wants for whatever he wants without having to be called immature and young? Sh1t man it's his money!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know you are, or who you think you are, or what you read into my reply, but let me break it down for you. I bought the IS for my fiance as a gift. He decided to return the love and generosity, by buying ME the Acura for a wedding presesnt. I am a fan of them, but I get too much pleasure from driving sports sedans to ever be able to live with an SUV of any kind. Having his heart set on the MDX now that I am expecting and we will need the extra room, he went ahead with his original plan, bought the MDX, and gave me the IS back. I liked the IS, but I just didn't like it ENOUGH to hang on to it for myself, especially with my A6 arriving next week.

I haven't been around this board very long, but I am starting to see that a large number of posters are really judgmental, and quick to hurl names. I don't understand how people can be so quick judge those they don't even know. Like most of the people here who also own ISs, there is NOTHING "immature" about Justy. Personally, I have nothing but much love and respect to you guys here who, like my fiance, are young, independent, and self-made. If you make it, you should be free to spend it however you choose, without being criticized by outsiders.

<sigh> The "novelty wore off"? So, a brand new expsensive car was sold simply because this immature young man decided that the "novelty" had worn off? Your son(?) needs to get a grip on reality, or he is destined to be unhappy no matter what or who comes into his life. My prediction: the "novelty" for the MDX will wear off even quicker.

Originally posted by DrJai:
[qb]True. The novelty wore off I guess though. He bought an Acura MDX the other day, so the IS had to be sacrificied
[/QB]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
YA FOOL!!! LEARN TO READ.... JAI MAY NOT HAVE AS MANY POSTS AS U, BUT IM COOL WITH HER MAN, WHICH MEANS I AM COOL WITH HER!!!!!

U NEED TO READ BEFORE U SPEEK, U NEED TO RUN BEFORE U GET HURT!!! MOFO

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
You need to chill with the caps lock BS that you've been propogating. It is quite tiresome and has no intrinsic value other than to prove that you are a dumb sh!t.

Cut it out.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I agree you can buy and sell whatever you want.. it is your money you werk for it so let no one tell you or criticize you for it..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like variety. After 2 Benzes and a BMW, I wanted to give Audi a try. I liked the size of the A6, and the speed promised by bi-turbo and 6 speeds

Originally posted by Kompressor:
A6? Nothing else in the 45K range caught your eye?

Not judging. Just wondering.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
mmm kayyyy...
the guy w/ yellow is300 here needs to do the same thing. I can't stand running into that guy all the time.
and of course, I got it before him.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Of course, you can buy anthing you want.
You're engaged? Hope your taste in prospective spouses is not as wobbly as your apparent taste in cars ("I like variety") ..... or you'll be trading him in a year.

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Of course, you can buy anthing you want.
You're engaged? Hope your taste in prospective spouses is not as wobbly as your apparent taste in cars ("I like variety") ..... or you'll be trading him in a year.
Dude if you're going to be immature like that then just buy the damn WRX and take it back over to the I-Club board. We don't need more IS owners that act like you.

Jai and Justy are awesome. I really think they will be together forever.

·
Registered
403 Posts
hmmmm .... just ONE week ago April 13, 2001) you referred to the IS as a,

"fantastic car that I really enjoy driving. In fact, I sometimes get carried away, and do things I shouldn't do (such as carving an S-curve at twice the posted speed limit). Oh well, if they didn't want us to have this much fun, they would have made it front-drive, right? "

And just 5 days later, you decide the sell the car because the "novelty" has worn out? Gimme' a break.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.