Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that my beat up 2003 IS300 is for sale - I loved it for many years but am neglecting it and just have 0 time to deal with it and so I have let it go to shit and need this thing outta here. Let me know if I'm insane on the price.

• Approx. 155k miles
  • Last drove 6 months ago, needs battery, also steering was hard (maybe needs power steering fluid or pump? )
  • Does not currently have a good sticker.
  • If I have to buy a battery/fix the steering wheel/get it inspected I will re-list at a higher price after doing so but I have a ton going on.
  • All dealer service for approx. the first 100k miles, then shitty crap-shop junk part service since then
  • Clutch replaced by dealer at ~95k miles
  • Sway bar rotted out and gone (but with no sway bar it still handles highway corners/turns at 90mph better than a brand-new Ford Fusion)
  • Driver's seat needs re-upholstered
  • Aftermarket 16 inch wheels (cheap) because the factory low profile 17s would go flat if you looked at them funny
  • Still have one factory 17 as the spare (and the other 4 may still be at my ex wife's house -- I can possibly give you her email or phone number but I'm not calling her for you)
  • Still have the cool wallet key/flat key thing
  • Might have misplaced one of the rear headrests (not sure?)
  • No serious/major accidents but it has been run into while parked and needed minor body work twice -- one of these was never done
  • Body: the hood and front grill are functional but damaged
  • Hood latch needs lubed/replaced (right now to get it to fully latch you need to stick a screwdriver in there, I can show you how)
  • Tree once fell on car and roof was replaced+repainted but moonroof still works/doesn't leak
  • I believe all the power windows and door lock actuators work but one of the windows is slow (I forget which one)
  • Air mix servos / switches need replacing but they are functional in a weird way (it's possible to get heat on the driver or to defrost the window but not both at the same time, but you can defrost and heat the passenger -- also a lot of the heater switch positions don't quite do what the picture says so you need to learn its quirks or replace them)
  • The muffler grass guard is gone but I can possibly dig up a piece of that reflective heat insulation stuff if you are planning on bringing this car to Death Valley/Oklahoma/some state where it gets to be 110 degrees all the time (may not be needed)
  • Relatively new exhaust and radiator
  • The brakes have been replaced by those horrible re-manufactured aftermarket ones (sorry) but are relatively good anyway
  • The front right brake caliper has a little bit of wobble from one of the clips on the pads that likes to come loose
  • I stole the factory first aid kit and threw it in my brand-new Volvo (sorry)
I DID NOT WASH THE CAR BEFORE THE PICTURES - IT WOULD LOOK WAY WAY WAY BETTER IF I WASHED IT BUT I LITERALLY DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS THING

·
Registered
36 Posts
You ask if your price is outta line, so I'll give my opinion on that. I paid $900 for mine and it is in pretty damn good mechanical shape, just needs a rear bumper cover and has clear coat fading/chipping in places. I know o got mine at a great deal, but personally I think you're a tad high.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Price is high imo and there's a couple things you could do before attempting to sell. The time you put into accepting a offer and meeting can be put into fixing small things before hand

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that my beat up 2003 IS300 is for sale - I loved it for many years but am neglecting it and just have 0 time to deal with it and so I have let it go to shit and need this thing outta here. Let me know if I'm insane on the price.

• Approx. 155k miles
  • Last drove 6 months ago, needs battery, also steering was hard (maybe needs power steering fluid or pump? )
  • Does not currently have a good sticker.
  • If I have to buy a battery/fix the steering wheel/get it inspected I will re-list at a higher price after doing so but I have a ton going on.
  • All dealer service for approx. the first 100k miles, then shitty crap-shop junk part service since then
  • Clutch replaced by dealer at ~95k miles
  • Sway bar rotted out and gone (but with no sway bar it still handles highway corners/turns at 90mph better than a brand-new Ford Fusion)
  • Driver's seat needs re-upholstered
  • Aftermarket 16 inch wheels (cheap) because the factory low profile 17s would go flat if you looked at them funny
  • Still have one factory 17 as the spare (and the other 4 may still be at my ex wife's house -- I can possibly give you her email or phone number but I'm not calling her for you)
  • Still have the cool wallet key/flat key thing
  • Might have misplaced one of the rear headrests (not sure?)
  • No serious/major accidents but it has been run into while parked and needed minor body work twice -- one of these was never done
  • Body: the hood and front grill are functional but damaged
  • Hood latch needs lubed/replaced (right now to get it to fully latch you need to stick a screwdriver in there, I can show you how)
  • Tree once fell on car and roof was replaced+repainted but moonroof still works/doesn't leak
  • I believe all the power windows and door lock actuators work but one of the windows is slow (I forget which one)
  • Air mix servos / switches need replacing but they are functional in a weird way (it's possible to get heat on the driver or to defrost the window but not both at the same time, but you can defrost and heat the passenger -- also a lot of the heater switch positions don't quite do what the picture says so you need to learn its quirks or replace them)
  • The muffler grass guard is gone but I can possibly dig up a piece of that reflective heat insulation stuff if you are planning on bringing this car to Death Valley/Oklahoma/some state where it gets to be 110 degrees all the time (may not be needed)
  • Relatively new exhaust and radiator
  • The brakes have been replaced by those horrible re-manufactured aftermarket ones (sorry) but are relatively good anyway
  • The front right brake caliper has a little bit of wobble from one of the clips on the pads that likes to come loose
  • I stole the factory first aid kit and threw it in my brand-new Volvo (sorry)
I DID NOT WASH THE CAR BEFORE THE PICTURES - IT WOULD LOOK WAY WAY WAY BETTER IF I WASHED IT BUT I LITERALLY DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS THING

View attachment 133667

View attachment 133668

View attachment 133669

View attachment 133670

View attachment 133671

View attachment 133672

View attachment 133673
Try putting it in the right section newbie.
Cars for Sale

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, didn't see there was a different forum/section for car sales since it didn't show up on the first page, is there a way to move my post over?

I don't have an engine pic, I can try to get one at some point but it's gonna be a few weeks before I'm home from work when it isn't dark out and a pic in the dark is going to look pretty terrible -- it should look pretty decent in there, doesn't burn or leak any oil, never raced/driven hard, the main issue overall is this has been in Boston/ New England so it has seen salted roads a lot of winters.

If I need to clean it up / fix it up before selling then it's going to be another 6-9 months of sitting in the driveway unfortunately(my job is killing me, my girlfriend has a big surgery coming up, etc -- just no time for old cars), maybe I'm better off just donating it for a tax deduction

1 - 8 of 8 Posts