Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good/bad news! I sold my IS300 for $31K (even)today - to a friend. I loved this car, but since I won't be driving it in the winter (I have a 2000 4Runner to tackle the snow), and I'm in love with the 2002 IS300 (stick, nav, all leather, arm rest, etc.), I figured it'd be a good idea to sell the car before it depreciates any further...I had a little over 6000 miles on it, and was very satisfied with the car...but the 2002 got the best of me. Now I'm waiting on a red 2002 IS300, with the 18" wheels (hopefully with a better design, otherwise I'll get the 17s), and everything else that they have to offer. Of course with a manual tranny.
Hopefully by that time SRT will have a production Supercharger kickin out an impressive ~270 hp, which I'll get.
That's the dream...hope it comes true.
Anyone else doin this??

black/ivory
17"
(no more
)
future owner of a 2002 red IS300 w/manual tranny and everything else!!

[This message has been edited by hasanazhar (edited January 25, 2001).]

·
8,880 Posts
I sure thought about it.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
You got lot of balls, but u gotta do what u gotta do. Personally I don't see what the big deal w/ manual is but whatever floats ur boat....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hear ya you do have some balls.. I would like to get the manual but I had 4 Knee surgery's on my left leg and it hurts me to use the clutch all the time. But if it wern't for that I would have a manual. However the e-shift I think is more accurate and more fun than the manual.. just my 2cents

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
loaded
Miami,FL

[This message has been edited by Solar420 (edited January 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Kompressor:
I can't believe your friend paid 31K for 6000 miles!
Agreed, hasanazhar, you hosed your "friend" big time. That dork coulda walked into a dealer and gotten a fresh copy for 31K.

If I could get 32.8 for mine (3K miles) I'd do it and drive a beater until '02 model comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts