Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally sold my '97 GSR sedan,

Now I need a new car!
I'm toying with the idea of an automatic IS300, but the term "Just say no!" comes to mind. So I'm leaning toward getting a used BMW 325i and driving it for a year. We'll see what the next year brings, 5 speed IS300? Ass-ugly but blisteringly fast Impreza WRX? BMW 330i w/ fixed steering?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
I finally sold my '97 GSR sedan,

Now I need a new car!
I'm toying with the idea of an automatic IS300, but the term "Just say no!" comes to mind. So I'm leaning toward getting a used BMW 325i and driving it for a year. We'll see what the next year brings, 5 speed IS300? Ass-ugly but blisteringly fast Impreza WRX? BMW 330i w/ fixed steering?
Get a Viggen. Just kidding - I know how much you hate those cars. If you just want a car to hold you over until the new WRX shows up, you should get a '93 NSX. The new ones have horrible resale value, but the older models hold their value very well (as long as you don't pay too much for one).

·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh. I gave the Viggen a fair shot, I wanted to like it. I read that Saab is dropping the Viggen next year, replacing it with a 9-3 Aero. As for the NSX, great car, but there's a lot of cars I'd rather have for $35-40,000, but can't afford that anyway.

Originally posted by viggen:
Get a Viggen. Just kidding - I know how much you hate those cars. If you just want a car to hold you over until the new WRX shows up, you should get a '93 NSX. The new ones have horrible resale value, but the older models hold their value very well (as long as you don't pay too much for one).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing