Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad hail storm came through NW Chicago Suburb yesterday afternoon. Washed my car this afternoon and I was shocked to see the damage my car took :cry:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I have an appointment scheduled with adjuster on Tuesday. The hood, trunk and top of car all took damage, with the top being the worst. What should I expect from the adjuster? How much does replacing the hood and trunk cost? What do they usually do to fix the top of the car?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Re: soft paint plus hail storm, bad match :whine:

Petey00 said:
Bad hail storm came through NW Chicago Suburb yesterday afternoon. Washed my car this afternoon and I was shocked to see the damage my car took :cry:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I have an appointment scheduled with adjuster on Tuesday. The hood, trunk and top of car all took damage, with the top being the worst. What should I expect from the adjuster? How much does replacing the hood and trunk cost? What do they usually do to fix the top of the car?

Thanks for any feedback.
You can prolly go with "Paintless Dent Repair."
My brother's care was hit HARD all over the damn thing, $4000 or so from the insurance guy. It will be expensive.
Good luck, hope it works out...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a quote from AllState/Dent Wizard of $2600 worth of damage. The work will be the Paintless Repair type. Anyone with experience with this kind of repair? How good is the quality?

I think if I go with a traditional body shop, replace panel and possibly hood and trunk, then the cost will be significantly higher. Since my car is leased, I am almost forced to pay the $500 deductible and have my car fixed.

Any other comments or suggestions? Thanks.

·
8,880 Posts
PDR is good.
Its upside and downside is that it doesn't work on paint. If the paint is damaged, PDR will not fix it.

There are also some spots they won't be able to get too.

·
11,061 Posts
PDR should work for most of it.

I had to laugh when you complained about soft paint. Better HOPE it's soft enough to conform to the dents...and the fixes. Otherwise it would just chip off like on an old car from the '80s.

·
8,880 Posts
bartkat said:
Didn't they use to drill little holes in the dents and pop them out and then fill the holes?
No. Paintless... :roll:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SeattleSheila said:
PDR should work for most of it.

I had to laugh when you complained about soft paint. Better HOPE it's soft enough to conform to the dents...and the fixes. Otherwise it would just chip off like on an old car from the '80s.
Actually, the subject is a bit misleading :oops:

It's doesn't have anything to do with the soft paint but steel panel that's not as dent resistant. A E36 328 that was parked in the same lot has only about 1/3 number of dents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts