Lexus IS Forum banner

SoCal: San Diego Spotted Thread

283K views 3K replies 216 participants last post by  gocar 
#1 · (Edited)
Per request, we've split up the So Cal spotted thread into 3 threads. This thread is good for San Diego sightings. ;)

EDIT: I've split up OC and SD now... ;)

#2 ·
woohoo!! Thank you E!

I'll start.

Spotted 11/20/04 @ 11:30am

White IS300 with RMM kit, on Eckstrom (right off Balboa Ave, by the Mosque (sp.?)) I was behind the White TL that had all the wedding decorations on it. I stuck my hand out the sunroof and gave the Peace sign. Anyone?

#4 ·
chrisCARL0S said:
Today in Hillcrest (Don't ask me why I was there). Not sure what color, I think blue or silver, had Greddy Evo exhaust and rims. I think another guy was with you. Around 2pm. I was on the sidewalk near Buffalo Exchange checking out your car.
Chris,

I'm not gonna ask you why you were there in Hillcrest, but what the hell were you doing on the sidewalk? .. I'd be in my car blasting thru there. :lol:

...just remember... wear neutral colors when in Hillcrest. hehe.

Hillcrest is actually a pretty nice area. good restaurants. ...not that i would know... :oops:

#5 ·
kraze8 said:
Chris,

I'm not gonna ask you why you were there in Hillcrest, but what the hell were you doing on the sidewalk? .. I'd be in my car blasting thru there. :lol:

...just remember... wear neutral colors when in Hillcrest. hehe.

Hillcrest is actually a pretty nice area. good restaurants. ...not that i would know... :oops:
Hahah I was with my girlfriend. She was inside the store, but there were a lot of wierd people in there and I couldn't stand it. I was freaking out man! Good thing I wore black and gray today. If I'd of worn my nice baby blue shirt, there would have been trouble... :jawDrop:

But yeah it is a nice place. I ate at JBX for the first time. Their menu sucked though. WTF happened to value meals?!

#12 ·
Joey_iS_325i said:
black is300 with black wheels and clears and exhaust tonight at emerald sea food in convoy
Hey hey....That was me. I was there there Nafooesi and a few other friends.

Were you the one with the GGP, RMM kit, and mesh wheels sitting in Emeralds parking lot?

#13 ·
kraze8 said:
I think I saw the same car today.. but off the 56 @ 4:30pm or so.

Hrmm...I was coming back from the Convoy area. 163 to 15N towards Scripps Ranch at around 4:50. Prob wasn't me.

#14 ·
Joey_iS_325i said:
i think this might have been the same car i saw up at utc as well but not too sure
Very likely...I work like 1 block from UTC mall.

#15 ·
Joey_iS_325i, care to post a pic of your car?

Here's mine:

#18 · (Edited)
TeCKis300 said:
Hey hey....That was me. I was there there Nafooesi and a few other friends.

Were you the one with the GGP, RMM kit, and mesh wheels sitting in Emeralds parking lot?
haha yeah that was mine, ggp with blitz cf front lip, vizage sides are rear in cf with bbs rg-r's. Also the one i saw at UTC was at like 630AM on black friday haha. heres my car:

you got a nice ride =) also who had the gs sounded like it had an exhaust

#19 · (Edited)
kraze8 said:
spotted.. TeckIS300... (I think)

6pm tonight on Towne Centre Drive... you were behind me :lol:
Dayam...I'm getting stalked everywhere! Or maybe I'm stalking you guys... Where you in the white IS turning left?

My coworkers and I were trying to figure out if you were lowered...hahahah.

#20 ·
Joey_iS_325i said:
haha yeah that was mine, ggp with blitz cf front lip, vizage sides are rear in cf with bbs rg-r's. Also the one i saw at UTC was at like 630AM on black friday haha. heres my car:

you got a nice ride =) also who had the gs sounded like it had an exhaust
Ah...yup. That's the one.

And yes, that was me on black friday. Was at Sports Chalet picking up a set of Atomic C:9 skis. Was such a steal! My brother was parked next to me in his GGP Mugen Prelude. Come to think of it...I remember seeing your car that morning as well. You were near the expectant mother parking right?

The guy with the GS is my coworker. V8 and exhaust = yummy.

#21 ·
TeCKis300 said:
Ah...yup. That's the one.

And yes, that was me on black friday. Was at Sports Chalet picking up a set of Atomic C:9 skis. Was such a steal! My brother was parked next to me in his GGP Mugen Prelude. Come to think of it...I remember seeing your car that morning as well. You were near the expectant mother parking right?

The guy with the GS is my coworker. V8 and exhaust = yummy.
haha man i was at sport chalet too picking up some stuff for snowboarding up at summit. i parked in the same row as you just on the other side, i think i might have seen you in sport chalet, did you see some asian kid? haha

#22 ·
TeCKis300 said:
Dayam...I'm getting stalked everywhere! Or maybe I'm stalking you guys... Where you in the white IS turning left?

My coworkers and I were trying to figure out if you were lowered...hahahah.
that was me.. and it's a MSM IS, not white.

I was looking in my rearview mirror when I saw you glance down towards my bumper. :lol:

yeah, i'm lowered ..on.. S-techs and bilsteins.

hey..maybe I'll see you again tonight. :lol:

#23 ·
kraze8 said:
that was me.. and it's a MSM IS, not white.

I was looking in my rearview mirror when I saw you glance down towards my bumper. :lol:

yeah, i'm lowered ..on.. S-techs and bilsteins.

hey..maybe I'll see you again tonight. :lol:

I sincerely appologize for my oversight... MSM it is. LOL

I figured you were lowered. Did you see me picking my nose? Hahhah. We should get one of those mini lunch meets together after the holidays.

#24 ·
Hey Paul,
Mini Lunch meet would be cool.

maybe drag Dut along too ;) I heard that he might be working at the same place as you? hehe.

I was trying to figure out a way to say wassup to you last night... next time I'll just open my sunroof and flip the bird at you. LOL.

#25 ·
Anybody see some crazy ass fool in an SBM with rmm lip, lowered and Advan Kreuzer X's in gunmetal with Wasington plates ripping around like he owns the joint? what an asshole! ;-)

Anyway, I've seen a few is's since I've been here, most of them stock though. Saw a white one in Escondildo with chrome stockers and gold badging last Thursday around 1pm.

Saw a GGP on 78 heading east around 12:30pm on Thursday as well, stock wheels. Man, I haven't seen any modded IS's since I've been down here! Guess I'm going to have to change that!!

Kane

#26 ·
Kane,

It's rare to see modded IS's in SD. Most of the time you will see stock ones... driven by old women. :lol:

You'll see many modded Honduhs though. haha.

.. to answer you question... no, I haven't seen a Modded SBM with the RMM lip and Advans yet.. but when I do see him ripping around.. I'll be sure to give him the bird. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.