Lexus IS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 3090 Posts

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Flipside909 said:
Yeah that was me hehe. I was blinded by the sun most of the time. didn't even know you gave thumbs up. Here's mine! :approve: hehe.

It's new looking, 18.5 months new? :lol:
it's gonna suck when you get caught for not having your plates on.

I remember hearing from someone that it's a pretty hefty fine.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
spotted sat night about 9:30 an GGP with a kit and some gunmetal rims leaving the Mira Mesa Edwards theater shopping area and heading to the 15 north and this morning/early afternon a DWP or CW dropped on stockies with a jdm short antenna and ucla bruins plate frame. Sat afternoon saw a DWP or CW in bonita heading to the 805, had the l-sportline front and rear.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
kraze8 said:
it's gonna suck when you get caught for not having your plates on.

I remember hearing from someone that it's a pretty hefty fine.
I don't draw attention to myself when I drive which is why I have had a clean driving record for 10 years now. It's the stupid kids that cause the problems. Hearing and actually knowing what the fine is are two different things. I'm responsible enough to know what I can get into w/or w/o a plate. Plus I don't drive around with a huge IS300.net sticker covering half of my back window either. :lol:

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Flipside909 said:
I don't draw attention to myself when I drive which is why I have had a clean driving record for 10 years now. It's the stupid kids that cause the problems. Hearing and actually knowing what the fine is are two different things. I'm responsible enough to know what I can get into w/or w/o a plate. Plus I don't drive around with a huge IS300.net sticker covering half of my back window either. :lol:
:lol: yeah I had to take that off after a couple of weeks. It was drawing too much attention by people and cops. haha. It was great to have it for the Grand-Am races though...

I don't draw attention to myself when I drive either, but sometimes you just get the short end of the stick, run into a cop that is having a bad day, didn't meet his "non-existent quota" of the month.. ehhe..

Come to think of it, maybe I should take my plates off too... :lol:

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
saw a black IS with a chrome looking grill pass by me on East Palomar tonight at about 8:31pm. I was pulling out of the Ralph's parking lot heading east in my wife's silver 4runner.

Chris, was that you??

:cool:

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
junedog said:
saw a black IS with a chrome looking grill pass by me on East Palomar tonight at about 8:31pm. I was pulling out of the Ralph's parking lot heading east in my wife's silver 4runner.

Chris, was that you??

:cool:
Naah that wasn't mee. My grill is stock =( I wish it was though, so that I could honk and highbeam and make obnoxious noises to say whats up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Spotted an Onyx IS with gunmetal wheels around 9ish in the morn speeding down scripps poway parkway going east.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
MIZIKETSK said:
Spotted an Onyx IS with gunmetal wheels around 9ish in the morn speeding down scripps poway parkway going east.

That was definitely me following my wife to drop off her car at the dealer. Was I speeding? nawh... ;)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
That was definitely me following my wife to drop off her car at the dealer. Was I speeding? nawh... ;)
Hey Finally someone I spotted is on here. You weren't speeding just driving fast, I would have tried to catch up to you but the wifey was driving plus we we're in the family car. What kind of wheels do you have? You exhaust sounds nice to.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
MIZIKETSK said:
Hey Finally someone I spotted is on here. You weren't speeding just driving fast, I would have tried to catch up to you but the wifey was driving plus we we're in the family car. What kind of wheels do you have? You exhaust sounds nice to.
Hehehe...what car was your family in?
The wheels are 17" O.Z. Superleggeras. I use to run 18" Black with polished lip 5zigen 3-piece Heidfelds. I definitely prefer the lightweight 17's though. Thanks for the comment on the exhaust. It's an HKS Drager and a gutted stock cat.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
Hehehe...what car was your family in?
The wheels are 17" O.Z. Superleggeras. I use to run 18" Black with polished lip 5zigen 3-piece Heidfelds. I definitely prefer the lightweight 17's though. Thanks for the comment on the exhaust. It's an HKS Drager and a gutted stock cat.
I was in the Dark Blue Nissan Murano sitting at the light waiting to go east aswell.

·
Registered
482 Posts
spotted a blue iS on the 5 south by la jolla village dr. around 4pm with some stickers and it looked like it had some chrome 20's. I was the guy on the silver f4i i saw you look at me

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Suprised nobody sees me....oh well.

Mesa has been booming with modded IS's recently.

Saw a Black onyx with a blitz kit, a hiper and black headlights, looked like technospeed Z1's

MIkeymike's silver ltuned I see regularly....

saw an onyx in PB with black wheels...nice....

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Chaos said:
Saw a Black onyx with a blitz kit, a hiper and black headlights, looked like technospeed Z1's
that would be lildarkwing.

where the heck have you disappeared to C? haven't seen you on the boards for a while now.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kraze8 said:
that would be lildarkwing.

where the heck have you disappeared to C? haven't seen you on the boards for a while now.
I dunno, the PL jsut isn't nearly as entertaining as it used to be and i have ZERO money to do anything to my car, so I stay away from here. It just gives me the mod bug... tho I do kinda miss this place sometimes....

I still have that RMM lip and LSportline skirts in my room... ; p lol (along with a BUNCH of other parts... I don't wanna do anything till I can afford to do it right, which at this point will probably be never.)

thanks for the shout tho, nice to see someone noticed my absense.

peace tim

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Chaos said:
I dunno, the PL jsut isn't nearly as entertaining as it used to be and i have ZERO money to do anything to my car, so I stay away from here. It just gives me the mod bug... tho I do kinda miss this place sometimes....

I still have that RMM lip and LSportline skirts in my room ... ; p lol (along with a BUNCH of other parts... I don't wanna do anything till I can afford to do it right, which at this point will probably be never.)

thanks for the shout tho, nice to see someone noticed my absense.

peace tim
That's funny.. cuz my extra room have the same exact parts on the floor. :lol:
but they are off for a reason... will be going back on the car in a week or so ;)

my 18's are in there too..still in the box. haha

and ur right about the PL.. it's not as interesting as back in the day...

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Joey_iS_325i said:
looked like a black is300 with eyelids and some sort of a rear spoiler, last night around 10 in convoy in the tapioca express shopping center :)
It was an asian.

181 - 200 of 3090 Posts
About this Discussion
3.1K Replies
217 Participants
gocar
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing