Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would be a great sidejob for someone who works at dealer or works at transmission shop.

heres what i need done.

MK3 LSD in IS300 housing,
i have the entire rear end of the supra, lsd needs to be taken out and then installed on the is300. half shafts also have to be cut, just take off the extra metal on the shaft before the gear teeth start.

time is not really an issue, but it would be nice to have it done in a week or 2

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not sure, it was 200. now it might be more trouble than its worth. i hav been quoted 600 install it. now i am thinking of getting a stock lsd pumpkin.

clutchtype is supposed to be stronger compared to torsen

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Mike, this is Howard again. (The car that was totaled and you wanted my LSD), but i know a guy who's a car guru, been working on cars for 31 years and he lives down my street. He does a DARN good job. jobs that I known so far that he has done is turbo kit on Honda civic si, turbo kit on Porsche, 2jz-gte engine swap to a lexus gs300, all the easy mini crap, K20 engine to a integra type R, suspension stuff, and timing belts for Hondas. I did some of my mods with the help of him. I'm sure the LSD install would be decent cake for him. He is my most trusted guy with cars and i would not do anything to a car until his consent, even when i bought that is300. Just advising you, PM me if you want his number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts