Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
This saturday folks. In Montebello, CA. Starts at 9AM. Must end NO LATER THAN 4PM. People on the signup list must confirm by Thursday. Address will be provided via PMs.

Final List - Was arranged in order of difficulty from MORE work to LESS work to maybes??....

Name/ Time of Arrival / Work needed
1. onyxaltezza(Aaron)/ 9AM / Brake Flush & Line Install/ Engine Coolant Low/ CFhood & pins install
2. Joe Z / 10:15 AM / Install New SwayBars & Goodridge SS Brake Lines, 4 Brake Rotors, F&R Brake Pads & Brake Fluid Flush
3. Brandon714 / 9AM / headers, y-pipe, O2 sim
4.aznxmutt21 (eric)/ 9AM- spring & shock install
5. stizlex / 9AM / install SS Brake lines & cdd mod
6. irv_usc / I LIVE HERE! / oil change, 4 rotor swap
7. asukadc / 11AM / Fog Mod - reallly easy...
8. chado / 11AM / Fog Mod - reallly easy...
10. dpatterson069 / 9AM / Remove Hyper and re-install stock exhaust

People who can help out:
1. irv_usc - brakes, fog mod, etc.
2. is joe - I can help out, and do my cdd if there's space
3. Joe Z - I can help with fog mod, oil changes, drain and refill of various fluids, sway bars, headers, nuts & bolts.. etc..
4. Lex_Dymndz - brakes, fog mod, footwell lighting (non-neon), sway bar install, i can do lot i guess. if you got the supplies to do what you want i will help. i have an good jack and 4 jack stands, if its needed.
5. aznxmutt21 - i'll help on whatever i can, i have jack stands, a jack, and a socket set..and a spring compressor..hehe..
6. onyxaltezza - i have 2 jackstands, a jack, dremel tool, drill bits, socket set, etc.
7. flyingcxp - Will assist in spring & shock install and etc.
8. Malek - Although not 100% recovered - he will assist in supervising!! :p
9. Sophiesleeps

CDD Mod Guys. (AKA you guys are on your own!)
1. IS JOE / 9AM / cdd mod
2. Dimsuminabox2go / 9AM / cdd mod / Can help also, dont know what tho but ill try!!
3. flyingcxp / 9AM / cdd mod
4. XxpNoisNxX / 9AM / cdd mod
5. stizlex / 9AM / cdd mod (listed twice)
6. GraphiteIS_ToyMachine / / cdd mod

If your NOT on the list sorry.... :blush:
You'll just have to wait for another DIY Meet in a "Garage" near you!!!
- Joe Z - :cool:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Swt!! do i need to bring anything specfic? <sp> for the cdd and fog mod? Thnxs IRV for letting us use ur place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i need new brake pads too. possibly more, not sure. could you guys help with that? if so i'm down. thanks!

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Irv - You still owe me an answer from the other thread..... let me know bro....?

Also, i guess the Rule 1st Come - 1st Serve is in order on the DIY Day...

I think you should set a limit on 10 cars (major servicing) to work on.
All the other little work is cake.. :p

Joe Z

·
Registered
669 Posts
Irv this is great your having this put together. I wish I woulda waited to have my coilovers installed. Anyhoo I'll probobly need to have the CDD mod.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe Z said:
Irv - You still owe me an answer from the other thread..... let me know bro....?

Also, i guess the Rule 1st Come - 1st Serve is in order on the DIY Day...

I think you should set a limit on 10 cars (major servicing) to work on.
All the other little work is cake.. :p

Joe Z
sure joe i think i have one can left of the super blue. i'll give it to you for whatever retail price you can find. i believe it's about 10 bucks more or less.

it is a decent fluid. don't really need it unless we're racing, really. i got the blue so that i could tell when the old fluid was totally flushed out. pretty handy since ATE also makes a "gold" aka regular colored fluid, which you alternate between when you flush.

The time limit works like this.
First come, first serve. At 3:30PM we will be doing the final button up on any work that's started. At 4PM I will be closing the garage doors, so whoever plans on any major work should get the hell to my house way before that time.

also, bring your own drinks/food. Thanks

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
and just remember, it's a DIY meet, meaning "do it yourself". ppl will be there to help you or answer general questions, but they can't be expected to do the mod for you.

please read up on the DIY threads on here. the threads on this site list the steps, materials, etc needed for whatever mod/maintenance you're looking to do. search, and print those things out, so you can bring it with you!! also, don't forget to bring all the supplies you'll need.

thanks!
-the mgmt

(the super organized side of me can't help but try to organize. :blush: :lol: )

btw, i don't think we can realistically do 10 cars in 6 hours (time-wise or space-wise, unless you want to be parked out on the neighborhood streets). i think the list needs to be capped pretty soon...just my opinion...

Reactions: IS JOE

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
mmm i cant help too much cuz im still newby..but like i'll do as much as i can...just worried bout the brake system lol

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
irv_usc said:
sure joe i think i have one can left of the super blue. i'll give it to you for whatever retail price you can find. i believe it's about 10 bucks more or less.

it is a decent fluid. don't really need it unless we're racing, really. i got the blue so that i could tell when the old fluid was totally flushed out. pretty handy since ATE also makes a "gold" aka regular colored fluid, which you alternate between when you flush.

The time limit works like this.
First come, first serve. At 3:30PM we will be doing the final button up on any work that's started. At 4PM I will be closing the garage doors, so whoever plans on any major work should get the hell to my house way before that time.

also, bring your own drinks/food. Thanks
Irv... I thought you were cooking for ALL of us!!!! :jawDrop: ;)

Ok Sweet on the ATE Blue Fluid...!!! Is one can enough for my brake flush??
I picked up the rotors with 1,000 miles on them Sat night... I will prep them for install during the week... (Clean & Paint)
I can probably get away with just slapping them ON the way they are...they are very new.. but I'm not a fan of black brake hubs..

I may have to head all the way over to Carson Toyota for a full set of brake pads... I am sure they have them for $36 for fronts & $36 for the rears...
My schim kit was replaced at 60K, so I am sure they are still good since I only just hit 85K...

Should I also pick a set of Goodrich SS lines while I am at it??
Where and how much should I pay??

Also, do you have:

1.) extra brake pad/schim anti squeal grease??
2.) the bolt that pops out the front and rear rotors when they are rusted on to the main wheel hub.??

I will be bringing 2 cans of brake cleaner... tools & small floor jack.

Those who are draining and re-filling fluids... BE SURE TO BRING A DRAIN CONTAINER THAT HAS CAPS & CAN BE SEALED FOR TRANSPORT....(Autozone has one for $12.. i think) and some carboard boxes...
You will need it to bring your used fluid back home with you....or to your local AutoZone... or to where ever for FREE & Safe disposal...

BYOLG = Bring Your Own Latex Gloves

Esther - I think your Right...!!! Anywhere between 6-8 cars will be just enough to get them started and completed...
TO speed things along, you'll probably see me helping more than I should!! But I will teach along the way as well... :p

De - if you decide to come Sat, you can car pool with me if you like...(I'm leaving my area by 10am) All you have to do is drive 15 mins East to my place and then Irv's place is only 15 mins South from me...

Thanks
Joe Z :)

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joe, if you are going to carson, can you order a set of stock supra TT brake rotors for me? i'll pay you back this sat. don't have time to go there myself.

1. no anti-squeel here at all.
2. no, i usually pop off rotors with a rubber mallet. lol.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
irv_usc said:
joe, if you are going to carson, can you order a set of stock supra TT brake rotors for me? i'll pay you back this sat. don't have time to go there myself.

1. no anti-squeel here at all.
2. no, i usually pop off rotors with a rubber mallet. lol.
irv is there anything you need me to bring?

i have a tent/ canopy type thing, should i bring it so people can work in your driveway?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
i'm pretty much going to be free to help also, got the cdd mod which takes like a min to do. Going to help aznmut with his suspension install and anyone else with misc.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
thundercloud080903 said:
and just remember, it's a DIY meet, meaning "do it yourself". ppl will be there to help you or answer general questions, but they can't be expected to do the mod for you.

please read up on the DIY threads on here. the threads on this site list the steps, materials, etc needed for whatever mod/maintenance you're looking to do. search, and print those things out, so you can bring it with you!! also, don't forget to bring all the supplies you'll need.

thanks!
-the mgmt

(the super organized side of me can't help but try to organize. :blush: :lol: )

btw, i don't think we can realistically do 10 cars in 6 hours (time-wise or space-wise, unless you want to be parked out on the neighborhood streets). i think the list needs to be capped pretty soon...just my opinion...

if this really is a DIY meet, i will try and get my ass down there and help dictate what to do so some of the new commers dont screw some thing up...

Hope i can make it!!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
if this really is a DIY meet, i will try and get my ass down there and help dictate what to do so some of the new commers dont screw some thing up...

Hope i can make it!!
you should get your car there, somehow. and then we can SLAM the shit out of it.
if you want to go forrealz, i can get you. you're on my way. and we can ride in my truck, no super stiff suspension on that batch.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts