Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headers and such. Im trying to get some info from Magnaflow on the cat/manifold that is carb legal.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Headers and such. Im trying to get some info from Magnaflow on the cat/manifold that is carb legal.
I can tell you. No one has done any flow or HP numbers on them. People have bought and talked about the fit and quality. But that is it. I have done one for a friend on his car. What are you wanting to know?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actual horsepower produced. I waiting to hear back from Magnaflow. Im surprised I havent seen a dyno on youtube for it. If Im gonna buy it, I want some data. The K&N FIPK came with a dyno graph showing a Gen 1 auto trans power gains. Well, manual would be a bit more, as less energy is lost in the drive train.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Actual horsepower produced. I waiting to hear back from Magnaflow. Im surprised I havent seen a dyno on youtube for it. If Im gonna buy it, I want some data. The K&N FIPK came with a dyno graph showing a Gen 1 auto trans power gains. Well, manual would be a bit more, as less energy is lost in the drive train.
I am sure it is comparable. Considering Flowmaster does not make the converters they use. The tube size is the same. As far as design. The Magnaflow is a much nicer setup. I would bet the converters are better also. They even make a matching down-pipe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure it is comparable. Considering Flowmaster does not make the converters they use. The tube size is the same. As far as design. The Magnaflow is a much nicer setup. I would bet the converters are better also. They even make a matching down-pipe.
So you are thinking 8-10hp from the Magnaflow?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Isn’t our illustrious leader currently tweaking Kalifornia’s draconian emissions standards? He’s also getting sued by other states for trying to do so?!?! Maybe the Flowmaster header will be CA legal in short time. It’s a great bang for the buck, speaking from experience. And tell me how a CA emissions inspection station will know it’s not legal just by looking at it? They don’t test tailpipe emissions on OBD-II equipped cars here in AZ so all can assume is they do in CA and with the flowmaster setup on an IS300 it would fail the tailpipe test.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Isn’t our illustrious leader currently tweaking Kalifornia’s draconian emissions standards? He’s also getting sued by other states for trying to do so?!?! Maybe the Flowmaster header will be CA legal in short time. It’s a great bang for the buck, speaking from experience. And tell me how a CA emissions inspection station will know it’s not legal just by looking at it? They don’t test tailpipe emissions on OBD-II equipped cars here in AZ so all can assume is they do in CA and with the flowmaster setup on an IS300 it would fail the tailpipe test.
Carb approval number stamp. Is how they know. Never looked that close at the OEM one to see if the Flowmaster one would pass for OEM.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a D-base they check the CARB or EO# to make sure it matches the item, and is for your vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts