Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at you GTE??

Anyways, how ward would it be to pull the engine and replaced it with a GS400 or a GS430 engine?
Would we be able to use our stock tranmission or would we have to go with a six speed?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
goldark said:
I'm looking at you GTE??

Anyways, how ward would it be to pull the engine and replaced it with a GS400 or a GS430 engine?
Would we be able to use our stock tranmission or would we have to go with a six speed?

why would GTE do a v8 swap? Just curious?

He already has his car running almost how he wants it, and has spent a ton of blood sweat tears, and $$ putting it together.

Why would he rip it all apart and spend MORE time and money for a v8 swap which will only give him maybe 300rwhp and throw off the entire weight distribution of the car?

More money, half the power, twice the effort... is it worth it? Besides, TTE already did it, so it's not even like you would want to do it for the "pioneering" aspect.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
The V-8 swap still looks dumb to me. I mean we have a car that will handle enormous hp with stock internals. If the V-8 swap was the way to go, then why hasn't the Supra guys done it?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doublins said:
goldark said:
I'm looking at you GTE??

why would GTE do a v8 swap? Just curious?
Just to be the first one (consumer wise, not TTE or RMM)
He seems like a person that enjoys tinkering and problem solving.
I guess for the "fun" aspect if anything.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
i nominate you goldark.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
you may not be able to use either trans

i would have went with the V8 if it was shown to hold more power, reliably ... but the 2j is heaven sent

doublins is actually pretty spot on, i'm finally tweaking things, and getting everything the way I want it to be, although i have been toying with the idea of selling it and gettng an 04 and swapping everything over?

the more i play with the aem, the more i enjoy it

-gte

goldark said:
I'm looking at you GTE??

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
well, goldark.
why dont YOU do it? and while you're at it, bore out that sucka to 4.9L-JGTC supra style(recent ones).

it'be kinda cool...
:chill:

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Wxman said:
The V-8 swap still looks dumb to me. I mean we have a car that will handle enormous hp with stock internals. If the V-8 swap was the way to go, then why hasn't the Supra guys done it?
actually....

HKS built a V8 powered drag car with the 4.3 V8 motor, and put on a huge HKS turbo and FMIC.....

it was banned in the US....they had an article in SUPER STREET about it back in august...

its just not practical...plus NHRA doesnt allow V8 cars to race.....so thats definatly the main factor why you never have seen the swap done....

:chill:

·
Registered
31 Posts
woudnt that just be a bit sick ? heh.. such a little car.. such a big engine.. maybe the engine will rip the car apart :) .. kinda seems like it might.. especially if u S/C it :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
acura people talking about how a lexus is just a toyota hmmm can we say honda with leather, thats funny. Just haters cuz they can be, I mean what acura would keep up with that thing or a I6 boosted. NSX maybe, and I dont even put that in the same class as acura cars.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
acura people talking about how a lexus is just a toyota hmmm can we say honda with leather, thats funny. Just haters cuz they can be, I mean what acura would keep up with that thing or a I6 boosted. NSX maybe, and I dont even put that in the same class as acura cars.
Nah i have smoked 2 NSX's. Try again.

·
Registered
422 Posts
bloody_finga said:
woudnt that just be a bit sick ? heh.. such a little car.. such a big engine.. maybe the engine will rip the car apart :) .. kinda seems like it might.. especially if u S/C it :)
look at the 2004 Audi S4 that has a V8 in it, but N/A.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts