Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone here race anyone that wants to race?

So....I was goin into NYC over the weekend and 2 kids in a 96 maxima with some stupid ugly cosmetic mods(bulbs,fugly grill ect) and wheels pull up to me on my driver side starin at me.....I got 2 freinds in the car tellin me i should race them then i look over and the passenger in the maxima is hangin out the window counting down from 3 on his fingers. I laugh and shake my head and the kids floor it. Now my friends are bitchin at me for not racin them....but why would i want to race a 96 maxima and risk gettin a ticket? I hardly ever race people and if i do they are friends who want to see how their cars would hold up.

Anyone else have these stupid encounters?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
stupid, yes. but know your areas. i dont normally go racing around in places i dont know. if im familiar with roads and the cop traffic, and im in a decent area, ill run anyone, even if i know ill get beat...i have beaten a few cars that should have killed me, but the i won on account of driver error. and i know i made them feel stupid.

sometimes ill race a civic or something just to make some high schooler feel dumb for trying to race. that way he wont try again.

·
Registered
490 Posts
dont race those beaters let em go...we're the ones usually gettin pulled over, and end up with a ticket

all know our cars are fast

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Running a rival like a Maxima would be a thrill for me. Encounters like yours happen to me all the time and I love it. It's funny, EVERY run I've been in was provoked by the other driver. I love quick 1/4 mi. sprints, but it seems kinda "dorky" to go around taunting people to race, so I just don't bother.

·
Registered
94 Posts
those older 96 maximas arent too slow if they have the V6. my friend used to have one. 5spd, 200hp V6. with an intake, exhaust, n clutch it was runnin mid 15s.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
well if you have a kit rims and an exhasut every guy that thinks he's got a "tuned car" is probably going to try

my car looks stock except for being on the ground and even a stock exhasut - intercooler behind a stock bumper can't hardly tell - no one every tries to race me, which sometimes kinda sucks

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
speakin of racing...i just had a quick one today on the way home...an RSX(not Type S) the 04 models, with CF hood, CF trunk, everything, even the CF exhaust was hanging out..wit some sexy black rims wit a chrome lip just like mine...and i didnt even see him cuz his windows were BLACK...all tinted...but up to 120 i pulled a car and a half on him...not bad..considering he's probly so much lighter..wonder how i'll do wit a type S...

cars i like to run against(knowing i'll probly not get owned up the but, or beat too bad)
RSX(not S)
Celica GTS
Accord V6 coupe (1998-2000 type models)
3rd to last model of Mustang GT..beat one by a car not too long ago on the freeway

where i live, there are not many ppl who tune maximas...
its like..serious tuners usually go for the 350Z, Evo, STi, and R32(wolkswagen)...

but mainly when i usually get taunted or high beamed..its an RSX...ive had at least 3 or 4 RSX encounters in the past month...

-Aaron

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I've also encounter people who looked over and just mad dog me. Like last night, a guy in a CRX was looking at me and started to rev his engine. So yea, I looked and smiled then pulled up a little bit to match up with him, I also had ECT pwr on. So yea, first run, I took him out about half a car going from 0-65? Yes, of course, I won. This idiot just keeps mad dogging me so he wanted to go again, so maybe I wasn't really in the mood for seconds but what the heck, I went at it but for only a block, about 6 or 7 houses long? Then I made a right. Hehe.. I don't know what he had under the hood but his intake was pretty loud, not only that, he has some nice black rims.. But why CRX? Anyways, I was driving a 96 Toyota Avalon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
once, it happened

Dont laugh but, one time about 4 months ago, I forgot to turn off my A/C in my integra.

After beating a 1983 yugo, my balls fell off...

Its serious you must be very careful. I would even pay a shop to disable my A/C because i would not like anything else to fall off.

Does anyone know how to do that?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i race people i see walking along the sidewalk...

got beat by a kid on a boosted big wheel the other day....he was a total sleeper....

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
acumenhokie said:
most informative post in this entire thread. Was that your first or second? :lol:
its jdmaltz atl nick...hes tryin to build that rep up already

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
if u want a real run try runnin it with an 03 mitsu galant v6 on 22's with a bald mexican gangster inside haha. he's in torrance(310) always tryna run any car on the road. until i shut him up :)

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
I usually run cars that I think are as fast as me or faster, but once in a whille I'll pick apart cars that are a little bit slower. Here are a few of my runs.

N/A IS300 vs. 99 Prelude SH (I/H/E/Lightweight Pullies) = Kill.
N/A IS300 vs. Cavalier (2.2L Eagle Talon Engine Swap, Dual Cat-Back Exhausts) = Kill.
N/A IS300 vs. SRT4 (Stock) = He pulled on me up to 40mph and shut down right away. How would we fair on the top end like 60mph+?
N/A IS300 vs. Pontiac GTP (Stock 240hp?) = Kill.
N/A IS300 vs. 2003 or 2004 V8 Mustang GT (Bolt-Ons) = He pulled on me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts