Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who all are lumped with me - having to special order because Lexus didn't build cars with the options we want.

January's going to be a fun month for many folks around here I'd imagine :)

On the way - IS350, Sport Pkg., Nav/Lev pkg., Radar cruise/PCS, park assist. Smoky Granite Mica AKA Black Pearl / black interior.

Can't wait :D

- T

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my Crystal White IS250 auto/ nav about a month ago. I would have loved to get the is350 but I'm too cheap and don't drive that fast anymore. I should get it in late November or so, can't wait.

·
Registered
17 Posts
TonySCV said:
Just curious who all are lumped with me - having to special order because Lexus didn't build cars with the options we want.

January's going to be a fun month for many folks around here I'd imagine :)

On the way - IS350, Sport Pkg., Nav/Lev pkg., Radar cruise/PCS, park assist. Smoky Granite Mica AKA Black Pearl / black interior.

Can't wait :D

- T
I want the sport package, nav without M/L. No PCS, A little too gimmicky for me. I wonder if the new shipments will come this way.
George

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm waiting for the sirius option to become available. I have it in my current car as an add-on and never listen to anything else. No local radio, no cd's, and I hardly ever listen to my ipod in my car anymore. Satellite radio rocks. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
This will (ostensibly ;-) be my wife's car, to replace her '00 A4 1.8T Quattro 5 spd.

Ordered today:
IS 250 RWD AT, Sport Pkg, Nav, SGM, Sterling leather

I drove the IS 350, and it's a rocket, but the 250 is still quicker than her Audi (the '00 1.8 only had 150 HP), so she'll be fine with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
d2mini said:
I'm waiting for the sirius option to become available. I have it in my current car as an add-on and never listen to anything else. No local radio, no cd's, and I hardly ever listen to my ipod in my car anymore. Satellite radio rocks. :cool:
It'll be a dealer installed accessory when it becomes available in January. Don't wait until then to order your car. Order it now and by January it'll arrive :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
TonySCV said:
It'll be a dealer installed accessory when it becomes available in January. Don't wait until then to order your car. Order it now and by January it'll arrive :)
Really? Any idea how much it will be? And will the cost or anything else be different than if it was installed at the factory?

And also, how long before we can get less than msrp? I have never had a car where i could get less than msrp. Not doing it again. :suspiciou
Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, get the car now, the Sirius install kit will come real soon. The site says Winter '06, but dealers are saying january. Who knows when it will really come? :rolleyes:

For the GS, I think it is a $400 kit, installed. My sales guy said that you could buy the kit and let someone else install it, though I doubt I'll let anyone touch my car.

As for regretting ML (poster above), I wouldnt regret it. It's a real expensive option. Sure, it sounds better in direct comparison to Pioneer, but you're driving an IS with great sound and all the other features and I'm still driving a beat-up Honda Civic. ;)

If you listen to the Pioneer on it's own, you won't know ML sounds better. Unless you're an audiophile, you have to go from one to the other to really notice the difference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
TonySCV said:
Really? :confused: Still a dealer installed kit huh? I was hoping XM/Sirius would be a factory installed option with a factory shark fin antenna (like the Euro spec) vs. the cheesy stuck-on antenna with the dealer install kit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got my silver 350 sport+nav on order, hopefully will be here end of Nov/early Dec!

·
Registered
15 Posts
350 Sport Package with Parking Assist - Black/Black

I hope to get this by the end of this year. I will add XM at the dealer.

You can still add XM (Or Sirius) and it WILL work with the Factory Radio -- you just have to wait unitl it is available. It won't be like adding a Delphi Aftermarket from Circuit City. Your SAT Button will work just like any other Factory Installed Option -- Actually most of them are installed at the port of entry by either XM or Sirius. It is a crazy ammount of people that keep the service running after the 3 free months run -- Like 80%!

As for Mark Levinson (ML) - I sware I couldn't even tell a difference between the two -- and I am pretty serious about my music. I dont think it is like the difference between Pioneer and Nakamichi.

·
Registered
29 Posts
IS 350 Navi / Mark Levinson on order

I just got confirmation today that my IS is being built next month. Does it really take 2 - 3 months to get your car? I guess that boat ride across the Pacific is a bit long. Lexus of ABQ told me Jan 15-Jan 31 it should show up.

06 IS 350, Luxury Package, Nav, Mark Lev, and Park Assist. Crystal White / Cashmere leather.

Any suggestions for aftermarket 18" or 19" wheels?

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
TonySCV said:
Confused, isn't it currently a dealer installed accessory? I thought the wait until '06 was to get it factory installed?

BTW, didn't order mine, but the dealer tracked one down with EVERYTHING I want (except sports package). It arrives in port Friday. Should be sent to the dealership a week later. SGM with black interior, ML and Nav! Still feels like I'm dreaming! :)

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
RWH said:
You can still add XM (Or Sirius) and it WILL work with the Factory Radio --.

Are you SURE about this? If so, I'm ELATED!!! What's the difference then with factory installed XM vs. Dealer installed? Will the antenna look any different from exterior etc? Any interior differences?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Michael said:
Confused, isn't it currently a dealer installed accessory? I thought the wait until '06 was to get it factory installed?

BTW, didn't order mine, but the dealer tracked one down with EVERYTHING I want (except sports package). It arrives in port Friday. Should be sent to the dealership a week later. SGM with black interior, ML and Nav! Still feels like I'm dreaming! :)
You're getting that one? Cool deal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts