Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For someone who plans on boosting in the future?

Right now with the header/y-pipe/intake/exhaust, I have hard shifting, as if it feels like the car goes into the gear, but when I let go of the clutch it jumps a little. I have not done the CDD mod, YET. Any recommendations and links? TIA.

Simon

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
For someone who plans on boosting in the future?

Right now with the header/y-pipe/intake/exhaust, I have hard shifting, as if it feels like the car goes into the gear, but when I let go of the clutch it jumps a little. I have not done the CDD mod, YET. Any recommendations and links? TIA.

Simon
I have the PHR clutch and stock flywheel on my car. I have had the combo now for the better part of a year with a lot of horsepower.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my car into the dealership to have the head manager(the know it all) of the service dept. take a look at my tranny and clutch. And he definetly feels the power gain, and says that my clutch will for sure go out soon if I dont upgrade my flywheel. HE recommended that I upgade just my flywheel and I should be fine.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
I took my car into the dealership to have the head manager(the know it all) of the service dept. take a look at my tranny and clutch. And he definetly feels the power gain, and says that my clutch will for sure go out soon if I dont upgrade my flywheel. HE recommended that I upgade just my flywheel and I should be fine.
**ALERT** Your service manager is a complete moron. The flywheel has nothing to do with power. If your clutch is slipping real bad then that might damage the flywheel, but the "flywheel going out" is complete crap. The stock flywheel is absolutely fine for real big hp. The advantage of a light weight flywheel is that is has less rotational mass hence it allows the car to spool faster. The disadvantage is that the driveability goes down. It is much more difficult to drive the car smoothly.

#1 If you need some more holding power, it has everything to do with the clutch.

#2. Go back to your service manager and hand him the official "I'm an ASS CLOWN" card for future customers.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lexus had my car for 3 days, because I think that I need a new clutch. But because I have "added mods to make more hp" he won't give me a new clutch because "the more hp is affecting my clutch and tranny". All I have is header/y-pipe, intake/exhaust/AFC. BUT, all that they SAW that I have is the intake, exhaust, and the AFC, because he mentioned only these these things to me, and my header is covered by a heatshield.

So....what can I say to him for him to put in a new clutch? They still have my car, because they fockin skinned my front bumper into another silver car, so the front bumper is now getting repainted. :pissed:

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
Lexus had my car for 3 days, because I think that I need a new clutch. But because I have "added mods to make more hp" he won't give me a new clutch because "the more hp is affecting my clutch and tranny". All I have is header/y-pipe, intake/exhaust/AFC. BUT, all that they SAW that I have is the intake, exhaust, and the AFC, because he mentioned only these these things to me, and my header is covered by a heatshield.

So....what can I say to him for him to put in a new clutch? They still have my car, because they fockin skinned my front bumper into another silver car, so the front bumper is now getting repainted. :pissed:
There is nothing you can say. You do need to buy a new clutch.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:

from a business man point of view... try ask him to be reasonable about this and if a stock clutch can't had handle a few more horses (like 10ish) guess you should say something like" thought lexus products were better than this"

can always ask him to PROVE that these extra mods are the real result of your slipping clutch (even though we know this) :)

can let the manager know your gonna have to call corporate dealership or something to get this MATTER resolved!

can say ," i thought LEXUS took care of their customers

in a RAGE, ask what the hell kind of service is this, i come here to get my clutch look't at and you jack my bumper. wtf. "just fix my clutch and i'll let this GO :lol:

gotta somehow get in his (manager) mind to be nice and just do it for you :D

try another dealer

personally F*cK dealerships, i'd just go to an outside shop and get an aftermarket clutch

wonder if lexus is gonna charge you for looking at your car?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Gold, I think it would be worth the effort if it was something that doesn't wear down like internals or something. In fact, I think in the manual it says that brake pads, clutch, etc. are not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Wxman said:
Gold, I think it would be worth the effort if it was something that doesn't wear down like internals or something. In fact, I think in the manual it says that brake pads, clutch, etc. are not covered under warranty.
oh, oops :p

even if your clutch is slipping after like 5 or 10 thousands miles?
that sucks is dealers ass you out like that :cry: oh well. Dealerships to me are sometimes iffy. you take your car to get something check't out and when they get back to you, they tell you about other problems. Sometimes i feel that dealers cause these other problems, make'em up, or just trying to get a few more$$$. I'm sure this is not always the case though.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Yo simon...dood that is fuking Bullshit...my car has the same power as yours & Has had it for longer & i drive WAY more miles & dare i say it ...MUCH harder DAILY than you do on the weekends....

....I have double the mileage on my car at least & MY CLUTCH IS NOT SLIPPING AT ALL... :roll:

you are getting fucked there bro.... too bad you cannot pull that shit out & hit another dealer but now they have recored os the shit on yuer car & that wil lfollow yo uanywhere you go ... take it to Van nuys Lexus, & talk to Ed Lujan... he is the Head Service Rep. there & they are supposedly pretty Chill on Mods especially SILLY ASS INTAKE TYPEW mods like that... it is stoopid to say the intake & header & dyno tuning is makeing the clutch slip on ya unles yoiu have been driving like an asshole for the what 9000 miles you have on the car & what only 1500 MAX of that since those mods went on.....

PLEASE TELL... what freaking dealership is that... the BullShitt about you NEEDING a new Flywheel is the funniest shitt i think i have heard yet from one of these freaking Quimby's

try another dealer.....

i should have your hood ready for ya in a week or so... where do ya want it...or am i giving it back to Jeff... not sure on that since he moved out.....???

edG

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, you don't even know how PISSED off I am now. I just got back from picking up my car from Santa Monica Lexus, after them 'fixing" my front bumper after the ruined it. And I walk to my car, and see now that the freakin rear is all scratched up and shit.

Are they fockin joking with me!

So now they are keeping the car longer to fix the 2nd accident they have now done.

I KNOW for a fact that the service rep is NOT writing ANYTHING in the computer about this, because I made him feel sorry for me, and to give me another chance to have another Lexus dealership look at my clutch, for them to replace it. So I will not have that problem of this following me around.

I will defintely look into going to the Van Nuys dealership or Keyes.

I hope your car is looking good again Ed, and if you don't mind just dropping my hood off at my house. Call me for address.

Simon

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
The " van nuys" Lexus Dealership IS Keyes Lexus....

good deal they are not recording the issue with the intake etc.... & that is fucked that the car is allscratched up AGAIN... :pissed: that would totally freaking PISS me off too...

pm me the directions & address..... i shopuld be able to pop it in my wifes SUV & drop it by one day next week... thanks again bro!!

sorry aboutthe deal with the car... hope they fix it & DONT fuck something else up again befopre ya pick it up.....

THanks for the tip i'll remember to NEVER go to Santa Monica Lexus for ANYTHING.... :roll:

I saw my baby today... they painted it yest... Brand new hood & bumper, brand new fender,..... it looks SAWEEEETTT so far! ... at least it does thru the observation window of the paint booth at the shop... :roll:

i am supposed to get it back by the end of the week....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
edgy said:
The " van nuys" Lexus Dealership IS Keyes Lexus....

good deal they are not recording the issue with the intake etc.... & that is fucked that the car is allscratched up AGAIN... :pissed: that would totally freaking PISS me off too...

pm me the directions & address..... i shopuld be able to pop it in my wifes SUV & drop it by one day next week... thanks again bro!!

sorry aboutthe deal with the car... hope they fix it & DONT f*ck something else up again befopre ya pick it up.....

THanks for the tip i'll remember to NEVER go to Santa Monica Lexus for ANYTHING.... :roll:

I saw my baby today... they painted it yest... Brand new hood & bumper, brand new fender,..... it looks SAWEEEETTT so far! ... at least it does thru the observation window of the paint booth at the shop... :roll:

i am supposed to get it back by the end of the week....

Yeah, Im glad they aren't writing anything in the computer about my mods. I just hope he isn't lieing.

You sound like you just had a baby, and you're waiting for your newborn at looking at it through the waiting room window.....in no time, you will be making those tires scream again on Stunt. Let me know when you're ready. I really want to take out the CDD.

Pmed you.

Simon

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
Man, you don't even know how PISSED off I am now. I just got back from picking up my car from Santa Monica Lexus, after them 'fixing" my front bumper after the ruined it. And I walk to my car, and see now that the freakin rear is all scratched up and sh*t.

Are they fockin joking with me!

So now they are keeping the car longer to fix the 2nd accident they have now done.

I KNOW for a fact that the service rep is NOT writing ANYTHING in the computer about this, because I made him feel sorry for me, and to give me another chance to have another Lexus dealership look at my clutch, for them to replace it. So I will not have that problem of this following me around.

I will defintely look into going to the Van Nuys dealership or Keyes.

I hope your car is looking good again Ed, and if you don't mind just dropping my hood off at my house. Call me for address.

Simon
ahem, i have put your mistake in bold.

everyone i know who has gone there for service has complaints.. not just IS guys either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.