Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he's coming to my house to install the new cd player i have ordered, cause lexus cd players are a p.o.s.

i know its at free of charge.
but am i suppose to leave him a tip or something? :chill:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
James Hong said:
he's coming to my house to install the new cd player i have ordered, cause lexus cd players are a p.o.s.

i know its at free of charge.
but am i suppose to leave him a tip or something? :chill:
obviously if he's coming to your house to do that...i'd give him $20

i went to my dealer for mine, and was free of charge....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Why is he coming to your house, why are you not taking it to the dealer?

Anyway, I wouldn't think a tip is necessary...but if I was to tip, it wouldn't be more than $10.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
lambchop11078 said:
Here's a tip to give him, "don't scratch my dash."
its :lol: but its very true... my thing is why is he coming to your house to install it ? or is it a aftermarket player ?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
some dealers offer that service for free... :D glendale lexus in so cal will drive to you for stuff like that. they drove over to my roommate's workplace, so they could replace her cd player (under warranty). i don't know if you need to tip the person (since they're getting paid from the dealer or company), but it would be nice of you...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SCRATCH-FREE. :D
He told me that the dash is so easy to scratch. so he worked carefully, and no scratches what-so ever 8)
I asked him about the 2005 IS.
He told me he knows for sure that the IS will come in a convertible and coupe. I questioned him about the power increase, engine. He said he's not sure about those.

He brought the RX330. wow that rear vew camera is sweet. :p

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i didn't tip, he just asked me to sign a paper.
and he dipped. :lol:

for months i have been listening to the radio. :cry:
im so happy :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My dealership just offered me that service too, but I decided to take it because I didn't want to have to rage on the guy in person if he scratched my dash :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
James Hong said:
SCRATCH-FREE. :D
He told me that the dash is so easy to scratch. so he worked carefully, and no scratches what-so ever 8)
I asked him about the 2005 IS.
He told me he knows for sure that the IS will come in a convertible and coupe. I questioned him about the power increase, engine. He said he's not sure about those.

He brought the RX330. wow that rear vew camera is sweet. :p

My dealer also confirmed the coupe part of it, saying it was told to them not more than 2 weeks ago in their traning class for 2004 model is300s

David

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
thundercloud080903 said:
some dealers offer that service for free... :D glendale lexus in so cal will drive to you for stuff like that. they drove over to my roommate's workplace, so they could replace her cd player (under warranty). i don't know if you need to tip the person (since they're getting paid from the dealer or company), but it would be nice of you...
glendale was the worst experience of all the dealerships ive been to.
maybe now it might be different, but about 6 months ago (and long before that) it had been going downhill..
in fact, many of the employes there were dishonest and messing up a lot of cars..

one instance involves a friends LS430 and when he got it back from Glendale it had a BIG ASS scrape along the whole drivers side front and rear doors along with his rims being scratched to high heaven.. and all they said was " well, it came in like that"... (which it didnt)..

even other dealerships talk about glendale in a negative manner..

i just hope things are getting better with them..
i hope the CD player incident ur friend had was a new start to a better dealership..

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I had a guy come to the house to put a windshield in my Firebird and I didn't tip him anything. In fact I wasn't even home when he fixed it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts