Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
either A: learn how to drive, or B: take it out.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
was the trunk gutted before the install? ... are you planning on putting a spare back in? i noticed more "tail happy-ness" from gutting the trunk than just the rear brace.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
wtf? how do you get a considerable amount of oversteer from just a rear strut bar?

i'm going with option A on this one friends.

·
Banned
2,059 Posts
if you were in the car, you would have felt the tail free lancing while gutting the corners. I think you could maybe weld some screws on the trunk floor and get it to hold on the bottom??? What do you think?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
learn how to drive.

the rear strutbar is not going to make your rear come out any quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
I also say you should put the rear tire back in for weight-balancing purposes. Either that, or relocate the battery back there, as well as the washer fluid resivoar.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I say... learn how to drive. It can be alot of fun. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
You could also reduce your rear tire pressure by a couple pounds. If you have aftermarket adjustable sways, make sure they are on the mildest setting in the rear.

Reactions: _DAG_

·
Registered
289 Posts
lol your rear kicks out more with the trunk brace? thats awesome what kinda trunk brace is that?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Are you trying to say it kicks out more when hitting bumps if so i'd understand

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Doesn't have Cusco sticker so i would say it's an Ebay bar...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
xGxHyPxGx said:
lol your rear kicks out more with the trunk brace? thats awesome what kinda trunk brace is that?
[ anal post ] Thats not a trunk brace, its a rear strut tower brace. The trunk brace is closer to the trunk openning where the bottom of your cargo net hooks to. [ /anal post ]

·
Registered
289 Posts
IS JOE said:
[ anal post ] Thats not a trunk brace, its a rear strut tower brace. The trunk brace is closer to the trunk openning where the bottom of your cargo net hooks to. [ /anal post ]
hey thanks for the post it aint anal at all, actually saved me alot of time from searching for trunk braces. thanks lol

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
having your car corner balanced is much easier than relocating battery and washer fluid resovoir. =)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I had these same problem (Is it really a problem?? hehe) A front strut brace even'd it out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts