Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, on Saturday, I was on 405 going to airport, i saw 2 blue IS300, they didnt' really drive fast though, and we checked each others car out~ hee hee what a nice car!!!
well, Also see another Black IS300 just like my around Redmond Area, that dude was driving fast~ hee
well, anyway, it seems like the IS community around Seattle area is getting big!!! we should seriously think about getting a meet set-up~

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I'm game, there are quite a few people here on the east side, we just have to get SeattleSheila up here. Sounds fun to have a meet sometime.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hey! I was at the airport on Saturday...

I'm in the SBM...

Originally posted by Is300billy:
well, on Saturday, I was on 405 going to airport, i saw 2 blue IS300, they didnt' really drive fast though, and we checked each others car out~ hee hee what a nice car!!!
well, Also see another Black IS300 just like my around Redmond Area, that dude was driving fast~ hee
well, anyway, it seems like the IS community around Seattle area is getting big!!! we should seriously think about getting a meet set-up~

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Hey watcher, chances are I might have seen your car, I've seen many DWP's, where about's do you commute? I've seen most white one's aroung kirkland/redmond area, and just saw a lowered one on Sunday night in Lynnwood on 196th traveling east towards bothell area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i'm not currently living in seattle any longer.. but after living in kirkland/redmond for so long and spending at least a week a month in seattle i feel very much a part of it..

where did/do you all go to high school?
i went to juanita in kirkland myself..

glad to see the is300's popularity growing up there.. don't know how i could handle the snow in it though.. when the snow actually does come.. heh.. love my california weather for now..

-tom

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I went to Lynnwood HS myself, nasty school, but it was fun. Not bad for a school built on a swamp next to Alderwood Mall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah Eastside is getting a lot of IS's. I myself am on the eastside. I have seen quite a few SBMs and a few blacks.

Have a meet is not a bad idea. Someone should organize something.

·
Registered
455 Posts
HEY!!!!!! Whas crackilackin to all u 206 425 or whatever. Yea, i think that im the youngest person in Seattle/Renton to own an IS300!!!! But yea, i juss wanna say that there are quite a few ISs on the road lately and its pretty nice...... I guess?? If yall c me rollin around in my Spectra Blue Mica holla!!!!!!!
Me and my pops were thinkin of tradin in my IS for the 02 model but, if you think about it, what will 03 bring?????? MayB 6 speed? mayB IS400 V8? OR MAYBE A MR2 derived 4 liter engine with a six speed transmission and TURBO..........
Who knows, patience is a virtue ya heard!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Eastsider here as well. But, I'm getting bored with my IS. Automatics just suck and ever since that ECU "upgrade" my car shifts like shyt. I'm definitely not impressed with Lexus. It's ok, one more year and I'll be rollin in my M3. Can't wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last time i also saw an IS300(black) parked in BCC (bellevue Community College)~

Ever since i started to drive my IS, i get a lot of attentions on Road, especially after I tint my window~ hee hee~

If i see any IS300 on the road, i will wave to ya'll~

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup..I'm on the eastside too! Downtown Bellevue actually. I have the only 2002 IS 5 speed in the area right now (I think)

Its silver with the factory spoiler. Still don't even have my license plates yet. You've probably seen me driving around...not like a seasoned stick driver..thats for sure

I think what would be a great idea to have a meet. I signed up for the one day performance driving school through proformancedriving.com Its held at the Seattle Speedway. There are still open slots available for the 24th of September.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not sure if everyone here know about that Starbucks in Bellevue, beside barn's nobles book store. I go there kinda often with my friends. last time my friends took over the parking lot with their nice cars.......BMW 330, 328, Audi S4, Benz........etc.
i was thinking if we can have a meet there.. and have all the IS300 park there and take over the parking lot~ and take a few nice pictures!!!! anyone??

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by DOHCVTEC:
Eastsider here as well. But, I'm getting bored with my IS. Automatics just suck and ever since that ECU "upgrade" my car shifts like shyt. I'm definitely not impressed with Lexus. It's ok, one more year and I'll be rollin in my M3. Can't wait.

Did ya try leaving it in "Power Mode" after the upgrade? I didn't really believe the service manager when he told me to do that, but it IS better with the PM engaged.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by IS300-JAZMIN:
if you think about it, what will 03 bring?????? MayB 6 speed? mayB IS400 V8? OR MAYBE A MR2 derived 4 liter engine with a six speed transmission and TURBO..........
Who knows, patience is a virtue ya heard!

If you think of '03, what happens to '04??? Formula 1 type hydraulic shift?? And '05??? Maybe '06???? Point is that car manufacturers WILL put out better products year after year....guaranteed.

Yes, patience is a virtue, but it also has a limit.....where do you draw the line???

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: dude ]

1 - 20 of 56 Posts