Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Does it have a clean Carfax? Autocheck?

Measure paint depth?

Only reason I ask is because the badging on the rear has been either replaced, or moved down, and the "IS300" is backwards, It says "300 IS"

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yea, those lights are very noticeable. I would run a background check on that car.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
in my opinion i would keep looking.

but if you believe it is a great deal, (which it really is), then get it.
But, as everyone says, it does seem to be that the car was crashed and put together.
the big thing is that it looks like it got a FRESH paint job to cover all the scratches / nicks / nacks. the mismatched headlights really bother me btw.

on another note:
be very careful. look at every crest and crack there is on the car to look for damages or and welding. i bought my 05 for a very good price at very low miles and it was in a crash, but a clean title. i didnt fully inspect the car and months later, i find all these things wrong with the car. so good luck man

·
Registered
766 Posts
it seems too fishy to me , something must be wrong with the car , besides the chrome and dark HL and fogs , not to mention the "Lexus" and "IS300"...err ahem , excuse me the "300IS" emblems are lower than normal , also check the paint , if something is too good to be true , then it usually is .

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cool, man. Good luck with the process, but given all the info you've gotten from this site you should be able to get a considerable discount off the asking price. I would be sure to get it checked by a mechanic you trust and take someone who's a good negotiator with you.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Wait a minute....

I know for a fact someone else on this forum was looking at that exact IS a few months back. The user posted those pics and we were commenting on the emblems being reversed and the mis-matched headlights.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wait a minute....

I know for a fact someone else on this forum was looking at that exact IS a few months back. The user posted those pics and we were commenting on the emblems being reversed and the mis-matched headlights.
Same dude...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Guess he want us to tell him its a great deal and to go ahead !!
Saw an add for a SD manual in Houston, lower miles than mine, wanted to drive down and trade mine but don't think i would get a good enough deal !!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I guess one thing that's not been mentioned, when you sell or it gets wreaked the bad car FAX will lower the value, even if the title is clear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.