Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i have never lived outside of CA. i haven't even been to the east coast since i was a little tike, but i have a job opportunity out there that might be too good to pass up.

So anyone care to share any words of wisdom or anything i should consider? I'm thinking of leaving the lex out here and getting around the mass transit way. Is that a good idea, or am i smoking crack thinking i can get around without a car? A part of me is considering selling it and getting a more winter ready car, but it's hard to think of getting rid of my baby.

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
It ALL depends upon where you're living and where you're working - i live in beantown and have my car here, but would give just about ANYTHING to be able to take public trans instead of driving - have you even looked at any places yet??? - ideally you would want to get an apt w. a driveway that near a T where is the company you'd be working for??

·
13,898 Posts
adamsheehy said:
It ALL depends upon where you're living and where you're working - i live in beantown and have my car here, but would give just about ANYTHING to be able to take public trans instead of driving - have you even looked at any places yet??? - ideally you would want to get an apt w. a driveway that near a T where is the company you'd be working for??
yup, what he said.

public transportation in boston is very convenient and cheap but there are a lot of other factors to consider. if you can survive the winter without driving your lex, then you'll be fine just taking public transportation what if you wanted to take a weekend drive/trip? if you decide to live in boston, it's gonna be expensive especially if you want to garage park your car. how long are you gonna be in boston? sorry..just a bunch of random questions that came out of my head.

if you have others, just let us know and we'll try to help you out.

i wish i could take public transportation too. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts