Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service center is at a different location from the Sales Office so this was my first time going there. Upon arrival I was impressed with the Layout...All the loaner cars were lined up in a row. So I drive into the garage and get out..meet with the Service rep..go through the formalities and he shows me into the waiting room.

Now my salesperson had mentioned all features at my disposal when I took my car to be serviced and sure enough...Everything was there: Buffet counter, Nail salon, leather couches and chairs...Virtual Golf Machine. It was really set up nice.

Anyway..after a few rounds of Virtual Golf, (they only had a lefty driver) so it got boring quick. I saw a putting green in the garage through another exit. This part of the garage had a bunch of new cars in there..So I'm looking around and GASP
to the sight of a AUTOMATIC CAR WASH!!

I couldn't believe it...with all these little creature comforts they can't hand wash their cars? I had no idea that with every service you get a free car wash...Oh well..I won't be getting that done needless to say.

·
Registered
482 Posts
was it a touchless one?

You know, I am sure the car wash Lexus has is fine and does not damage their cars. Think about it....

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Dude even my Honda dealership hand washes and waxes the cars! Touchless or not, no motorized car wash will ever touch my baby.

BTW, I doubt swirl marks are claimable under warranty. =)

·
Registered
56 Posts
That would explain a lot. I don't know what
my dealer uses, but the last two times they
have "washed" my car, it has come back with
new scratches on it. They are officially
banned from doing anything to my car from
now on. It drives me crazy.

I also found several places that appeared
to be abrasions rather than scratches as if
from machines. So the automatic car wash
would explain the crapping cleaning and
extra damage. I too am disappointed that
Lexus would resort to something like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts