Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are cool or not to attend.....anyone?? Is there just one group or others?? Do u just stand outside ur car's and talk about them all day with ur hands in ur pockets or do u actually have some fun???? Are the people just way into their car's and think they are better then some cause their modded??? If u have been to one u may chime in. I was thinking of bringing my buddies IS and mine to the next one, so I want to know if its worth it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Fart_Man_IS300 said:
are cool or not to attend.....anyone?? Is there just one group or others?? Do u just stand outside ur car's and talk about them all day with ur hands in ur pockets or do u actually have some fun???? Are the people just way into their car's and think they are better then some cause their modded??? If u have been to one u may chime in. I was thinking of bringing my buddies IS and mine to the next one, so I want to know if its worth it.
go to one and you can find out for yourself. if you dont like it.. just leave at any time. easy as that.

its all depends on the people

·
Registered
831 Posts
maybe we should have those "starbucks meet"... if u know what im talkin about 8)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Fart_Man_IS300 said:
My car is bone stock (not even any tint) and I still go. If that effects you so much, I guess you shouldn't go. There are some really really cool IS owners though, and so its cool to meet the face and person behind the screen name. For the dudes with mods and think they are hot sh*t and your not... F em', their making up for something if ya know what I mean. See ya at the meet if you show up. :chill:

·
Registered
238 Posts
we do different things all the time.. ill run down the meets i've been to

norcal 6
we had a barbeque at folsom.. just chillin and talkin and scoping out each other's cars.. then we went on a cruise around the mountains and stuff.. that lasted from about 10 am to 6 pm

norcal to socal convoy - carson toyota 2
we had 3 IS, 3 GS, 2 SC all rolling down to Los angeles at around midnight, it was fun, we made it to so cal and that was a looooooong meet with a whole buncha cars.. after that we went to a hotel to rest and settle down.. we also spent some time at TM Engineering.. went to denny's for dinner and started the convoy back up to norcal the next day

norcal 7
we met up at union landing at krispy kreme.. kicked it there for a long time before we went for cruise down to fremont for go karting, and i think they had pizza after, i took off

norcal 8
this was at will's house.. everyone pussied out though, it was me, blue j, rolondo, will and armus at will's house for a barbeque and swim

end of summer meet
this was at stevensons creek.. there was lots of cars and raffles going on, tour of steveson's creek lexus and lunch

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fart_Man_IS300 said:

Uh.... dude we have guys from Sac and Modesto coming to the meets. Ppl are really cool and you have all types of cars from bone stock like mine to high mods with Stage I turbos. If you are local SF, East Bay or San Jose just come out to the next one and see for yourself.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well since it looks like no meets are in order for the time being I thought I would start a thread and ask ?'s to those who have attended. No disrespect or anything but I would rather being doing something productive then standing around though. It would be great to meet people with the same interest in the car as I do. I dont judge people or their interests, but I have heard about clubs and some people think their cooler then others cause their car is modded. My car is highly modded, but I still give the same respect to those who are bone stock. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Fart_Man_IS300 said:
well since it looks like no meets are in order for the time being I thought I would start a thread and ask ?'s to those who have attended. No disrespect or anything but I would rather being doing something productive then standing around though. It would be great to meet people with the same interest in the car as I do. I dont judge people or their interests, but I have heard about clubs and some people think their cooler then others cause their car is modded. My car is highly modded, but I still give the same respect to those who are bone stock. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.
you got some pics of your ride?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Fart_Man_IS300 said:
I would say by far, the best meet (and longest) we had was when we went to LA for the Carson Meet.

The biggest one (besides NorCal End of Summer) I think was when we met up in San Mateo, then took highway 9 to Santa Cruz. Chilled @ the Boardwalk then some of us went for a "photo shoot" at Sea Cliff Beach, then headed down to Monterey for the night.

Usually some of us meet up once a month and go Karting in fremont, then head to pizza afterwards.

To answer ur ???...I cant remember anytime we just stood around with our hands in our pockets. There is no "group", its just everyone chillin, talkin, driving, gettin some of those ???'s answered in person that u know you will get flamed for asking on .NET. I have met some cool people at meets. I dont know of anyone that has a "my car is better than urs cuz its modded" kinda attitude.

hope this helps...
later
rolo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.