Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

the 330 vs IS has been a debate for quite some time, and personally, it's been the hardest decision for me between the two, and I am still constantly thinking which car is better (even though I put down a deposit for a IS300).

However, all that came to an end yesterday, when my parents and my inlaws said, for our wedding present, they will give us a mad donation that will pay for 80% of a new 330Ci. With that money plus our trade-in, my wife and I will basically get a new 330CI for free!

So hopefully, within six months (or whenever the IS300 5spd comes out, I will have both the IS and 330CI cars in my garage!!!!!!! I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(don't mean to gloat, guys, but you're all like family now
)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wow... congratulations.. those would be the two cars i would want in my garage...
all i got to work on is getting that benz now... although for some strange reason..
i'm thinking of getting a used supra now..

anyone drive a stock supra? how's it compare to the IS300...

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey Vttpwr...Do you goto UT? I could have sworn I saw ur acura on campus the friday night before the Florida game. Anyways....Have you seen the spectra blue one on campus with the chrome wheels? Do you know of any other IS300 owners...I would love to get some sort of club started but Im sure its a lost cause in our area. Are you apart of the car club in knoxville that is ran by a guy named Mase??

K

·
Registered
17 Posts
Supra's are great cars... I have a black/tan Supra N/A w/ 5spd and targa top and it's pretty fast even for being a non-turbo.. I think when it was in production they tested the manual N/A 0-60 at about 6.1 seconds.. The car is a lot bumpier than the IS300 but handles significantly better, feels like a go-kart and can be tossed around, one of the sportiest cars i've ever driven in terms of handling (I used to have a 3000GT). It's extremely smooth and if you have the money for 6000 dollars you can get a turbo engine installed complete w/ 6-spd Getrag manual. I am actually in the process of selling it because I have recently acquired a 1999 GS400 and am modifying it :)

Chris Y.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey LAZK,

I graduated from UT last summer, so I'm not down there anymore. However, my fiance does take my car to school about 2-3 times a week. It's a red GSR integra with a WingsWest commando wing and kit, and minor white decals around the door.

What IS do you drive? I've seen a green one being driven by a college-aged white male, and some guy in a blue one. that you?

I know Mase, but I don't have time to go to meetings, so I can't get into the club scene too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts