Lexus IS Forum banner

so cali doods... Q's on small painting job costs..

930 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  PoloBoy168 
#1 ·
Hey guys... any of you who have paid to get some extra paintwork done... what is a ballpark "average" price for painting say roof spoiler/ lip spoiler & eyelids at a good reputable shop.. .prep/ paint/ & Clear coats etc...???

I am looking at this & want to be sure i get a good price.. & any shops you prefer & who have fairly quick turnaround, & do great work i would be interested to hear about

thank guys!!

edG.....

#2 ·
i dunno around $250? i dont know about you but my color is impossible to match perfectly i have DWP. i brought my c-west eyelids to two shops and none of them could do a good match. luckily i got into an accident and so i painted the whole front part over again.

are all is300 colors hard to match or is it just white?

#5 ·
edgy said:
Hey guys... any of you who have paid to get some extra paintwork done... what is a ballpark "average" price for painting say roof spoiler/ lip spoiler & eyelids at a good reputable shop.. .prep/ paint/ & Clear coats etc...???

I am looking at this & want to be sure i get a good price.. & any shops you prefer & who have fairly quick turnaround, & do great work i would be interested to hear about

thank guys!!

edG.....
I had a friend who was going to have his paint guy paint my front lip for free, provided that I paid for the quart of paint. I was all excited... then he calls me back and tells me "hey bro, uh, your quart of paint is going to cost $225. He said that was just for the paint!!! :eek:
either he was trying to charge me for the labor of painting after telling me he's not going to, or the MSM is a very very expensive paint to mix.

anyone know what the true cost of MSM is? PPG paint of course, not that cheap shlt.

#7 ·
kraze8 said:
edgy said:

thank guys!!

edG.....
I had a friend who was going to have his paint guy paint my front lip for free, provided that I paid for the quart of paint. I was all excited... then he calls me back and tells me "hey bro, uh, your quart of paint is going to cost $225. He said that was just for the paint!!! :eek:
either he was trying to charge me for the labor of painting after telling me he's not going to, or the MSM is a very very expensive paint to mix.

anyone know what the true cost of MSM is? PPG paint of course, not that cheap shlt.
I had to have my hood repainted. So they repainted the hood and blended in on the fenders. Total bill $1100. Cheaper shops offered around $600-700. I'm not sure how much they charged specifically for paint but it doesn't sound like too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.