Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the SF meet seemed pretty cool, would anyone be interested in having one here in So Cal?

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
337 Posts
YES, DEFINITELY YES.

sILVER, BLACK

·
Registered
816 Posts
As far as I know, there have been three attempts at getting SoCal people together for a meet. All three have failed miserably for reasons beyond my understanding.

Questions that need to be answered are:
1. When?
2. Where? (This is probably the stickiest one.)
3. What kind of meet will it be? (Chat? Cruise? Run? Roman orgy?)
4. How are people going to coordinate?
5. How is the organizer going to take care of potential legal liability?

Why not just organize a meet HERE, at www.is300.net? It might be just me, but there seems to be infinitely more people here than the contentless www.isracer.com.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
we haven't been able to get a meet together yet, we always seem to agree and as one person drops out, everyone else does too. We should get one going and be definative about the date. We need someone to take charge of organizing it, but it must be done under the understanding that the organizer is NOT to be held responsible for accidents or injury due to reckless driving or anything, everyone is responsible for their own actions. we need to agree on the place it is to be held, must be within reasonable distance of the majority of participants and in an area not prone to ticketing.
the weather is cold but clear as of now, but it will start raining and raining good too. We can either hold off until later, or try to beat the weather. we should make the first meeting just that, a meeting, not a drive, so we can meet posters and see their mods (if applicable, otherwise- scratches and dents) then meetings after that can be scheduled drives and cruises. we need a parking lot or area clear enough and with enough parking, also scenery would be nice. I wuld suggest Malibu for its scenery and winding roads but it has been windy and the risk of getting sand blasted is pretty big, so Malibu might be a scheduled drive for later in spring or summer. near a restaurant might be nice, or a store, just in case ppl get hungry. I have a Sony TRV320 video camera and can take digital pictures with it and will bring it along. I suggest we get two or three ppl to spearhead and organize this, then propose a date and have ppl vote on it as well as a location. DTEW has my vote for one of the organizers as he has attempted to rally one up earlier.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
how about the superior court on Jan 26th? i have a speeding ticket i need to take care of and could use some support

you might also meet Shannon Doherty, i read she has a DUI to take care of that day at that court, gotta love the LA Times, they give celebrities more coverage than murders and shootings sometimes.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
man. theres way to many POs at a court! i know if we meet there someones gonna get a ticket, and with my luck, it'll be me!
im down to meet somewhere else, where there is not an abundance of police.

------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl with nothing on the trunk except the Big L.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am down for a So Cal meet. Lets do it soon.

------------------
Rod Millen grill
Rod Millen rear lip spoiler
5Ziggen exhaust
Custom Carbon fiber intake
Tein CS coilovers

·
Registered
816 Posts
Is everybody down for a preliminary meeting, w/o scheduled cruise or drive? Reply with thoughts.

(A cruise or drive can be set-up during the meeting. You can meet and leave, or if you have more time, meet and drive.)

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
im down to meet.
just tell me the time and place and im there.

------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl with nothing on the trunk except the Big L.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
An informal 1st meet is a good idea, since were ruling out doughnuts, we'll have to include an In'Out if thats ok with everyone.

I'm in LA, and I see post coming in from Woodland Hills to Long Beach to Irvine. What about meeting somewhere ~kinda~ in the middle like Pomona or Rowland Hts area off the 60 fwy, I know theres an Ikea in the City of Industry(Azusa exit) with an ok size parking lot plus theres an In'Out close by that we could go to on Colima Rd. What do you guys think?

Suggestions/Comments please....thanks

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok I don't mean to sound picky but Pomona? Sorry to anyone who lives there too but we live here in sunny So Cal with 75 degree December weather and you want to go to Pomona. Lets get out by the coast and take advantage of our beautiful state.
Please don't take it the wrong way I just think we meet somewhere scenic than Pomona.
I say a beach area. Just my 2 cents worth.

------------------
Graphite w/ Black, LSD, Heated Seats

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Civic-sir... haven't heard from you for a long time!

For those wondering about a club meet. We will be organizing a club meet for all those in the So Cal area. It is scheduled for mid Feb. Check the site ( ClubIS300.com ) for more details, not ISRacer.com. We are working countless hours on the site so we can meet our deadline. Stay tunded for more information.

Mark
ClubIS300.com

[This message has been edited by ClubIS300 (edited January 02, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts