Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it snowing in anyone else's neighborhood?

It's been coming down around here since a little past midnight last night - snow tires were on the car at 11:30. ;)

-Justin

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Well, the news predicted Snow... No snow here.. Just rain this morning. But on my way to work in NJ, i saw some snow on the Staten Island Expressway. Nothing spectacular. Well now its nice and Sunny here.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's still coming down here... whe I saw the news the other day I thought we were in the 4 - 6 band... I guess we're going for extra credit.

Luckily, my landlord plows the driveway. :) Even if he didn't, I can't say enought about the virtues of snow tires. I was stuck behind an excursion wagging its tail trying to get traction up a hill... my tires never slipped.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
We got slapped last night with 6-7". No plowing either since these dumbfucks didn't know about it. I saw 12 accidents on my way home last night! Thankfully I have snows and traction control, nothing like running with the SUVs.

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Justin.b said:
It's still coming down here... whe I saw the news the other day I thought we were in the 4 - 6 band... I guess we're going for extra credit.

Luckily, my landlord plows the driveway. :) Even if he didn't, I can't say enought about the virtues of snow tires. I was stuck behind an excursion wagging its tail trying to get traction up a hill... my tires never slipped.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org
I remember you posting something yesterday about how your car is an unstopable force in the snow. What kinds of tires do you have? I have 16" all seasons on my ride (rear-wheel drive), but I took my mom's car to work today (because she offered!!) and that was great (2003 Honda Accord).

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I'm hoping it will snow tonight....its supposed to get down into the 60's. I might even have to wear panteloons.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vaca22 said:
Justin.b said:

-Justin
www.saltgod.org
I remember you posting something yesterday about how your car is an unstopable force in the snow. What kinds of tires do you have? I have 16" all seasons on my ride (rear-wheel drive), but I took my mom's car to work today (because she offered!!) and that was great (2003 Honda Accord).
I think they are Winter Slaloms - by BFG maybe. I'm not sure if they're a current offering, I bought them last year.

The car I first put them on was ~2500 pounds and rwd... it just wouldn't move in snow. I could not start on a hill. My GF's 98 civic with the stock all seasons also sucked ass in the snow.

The snow tires made so much difference that I felt like an ass for not buying them years ago.

I just picked up a set of really cheap snows for the civic (Hankook from Towne Fair Tire) and put them on last night - I'll take that for a spin tonight to see how those work.

If at all possible, I will not buy all season tires ever again.

-Justin

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I'm checking out the forecast for MA and it says only 1-3". You guys lying to me? Just snow showers here- mostly rain.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PMD, you know better than that... weathermen can't be trusted in New England.

Judge for yourself - taken out of the window of my office. Most of those cars had been brushed off about 3 hours before the picture.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I took this one from my office window this morning...

·
11,062 Posts
No...it's sunny in Seattle and will be for the entire week. We need some SNOW in our mountains and rain down here!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
HIBBoyScott
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing